*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1702681-Rebirth-Prologue
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Dark · #1702681
Renelle loses everything, but she is reborn as Ghislaine, a princess of a faraway kingdom.
Prologue

Appreciation was a foreign word before, and love became its companion now. I lived in a well-to-do upper middle class family, yet I was forced to yearn for more and more. When fate fortuitously handed me an opportunity to ascend the social ladder, I accepted without much thought for I thought nothing of difficulties. I believed in chances, and I was willingly to risk everything for that one possibility. Bearing optimism in my mind, I knew that this time I would succeed. Failure was inaccessible. There was no fork in the road, only one straight route with temptation luring from side to side.

So, I ran forward, past all my fears, my worries, my desires, and my happiness, to be there. With all my memories engraved in my soul, I had wisdom. Now, it was only a matter of willpower.

Alas, I embraced the second life. A new face. A new world. A new existence. For once, I was already born with goals I had set in my mind.
I would lead a golden life and plant a yellow poppy.
© Copyright 2010 cubierock11 (cubierock11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1702681-Rebirth-Prologue