*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1702865-Detective
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Detective · #1702865
The days and nights of detectives are not always filled with excitement.
         I kept reading the same line over again.  She was talking while I was trying to read the paper.  I looked over the top of the Daily News and she met my look with a harsh stare.  Sarah knew I wasn't really paying attention.  She was beautiful.  I thought so the day I met her, and now after 8 years of marriage, I still thought so.

She wanted to smile, but she was serious about whatever it was she was talking about.  She flitted around the kitchen cleaning and talking.  She moved from topic to topic as fast as she moved around the things on the counter.  I apologized for not listening and put the paper down.  She pulled her auburn hair behind her ear and smiled at me.

         "I just feel like we never get to talk," Sarah sat at the table with me.

         "I know, I'm sorry.  It was a long night, and I just need to come down a little," I wanted to smooth this over so I could her clothes off while the kids were at school.

         "Okay," I said, giving Sarah an evil grin, "I'm listening now, but I would hear you much better if you took those heavy, bulky clothes off,"

         "Always the same story with you," she said a little annoyed.  "I want to fill you in on what has been going on with this family while you're at work, and you want to fuck."

         I stood up and walked over to her on the other side of the kitchen table.  I came up behind her chair and I gently moved her hair from her neck.  Against her best effort she relaxed and curved her neck to meet my lips.  I gave her tiny kisses up and down her soft neck and shoulders.  Her perfume, the scent from her shampoo, the cleaner she was using; they were intoxicating.  I ran my hands down her body and pulled her t-shirt off.  In one motion we were laying on the kitchen floor ravaging each other like we were kids again.  The house, the kids, work, money; all of it disappeared as we found one another again.  And God knows we needed it.
© Copyright 2010 Matthew Spano (mattspano at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1702865-Detective