*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1703349-Tiny-Little-Raindrops
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1703349
A story with a moral that says, 'listen to your mother'.
Once upon a time there lived a small boy that lived inside of a raindrop. He was just one of the many, many brothers and sisters that lived in other raindrops. They were all the children of the cloud they lived on. Their mother. Now, their mother warned the little raindrops not to ever leave the cloud and go down to the surface. The little boy in the raindrop loved his mother so he headed her warning, but alas, some of his brother and sisters thought against this idea. When their mother wasn't looking they gathered together.

"I don't think it's fair that we have to stay stuck up here all the time! I say, at the next field we go to, we can all jump off and live there!" One of the raindrop brothers said.

A whole group of other raindrops cheered at this idea. The little boy in the raindrop said nothing and went off while his brothers and sisters plotted against their good mother's advice. A long time passed and eventually their good mother cloud passed over a gorgeous field with flowers and a stream. Immediately, one raindrop brother ran to the edge of good mother cloud and jumped off. His mother cried out.

"Don't go!" She cried.

But, once he was gone, all the others raced forward and jumped off as well. Good mother cloud wept bitterly as her children left her. All, but one. The little boy in the raindrop stood by while his brothers and sisters jumped off of good mother cloud. Finally when all were gone but one, good mother cloud began to move. She looked at the little boy in the raindrop and embraced him. She was much smaller now, without her thousands and thousands of other children.

"I'm so glad you headed my warning. Now, look upon the field and see what becomes of your little brothers and sisters when they don't head a mother's advice," Good mother cloud said.

And the little boy in the raindrop did look down at his brothers and sisters. They were in field, playing and laughing and having the time of their lives, but, as good mother cloud moved, the sun began to shine down upon the field. The brothers and sisters didn't notice until the water around their bodies that had protected them for their whole lives began to fade.

"What's going on?" One of the sisters asked, but none of them knew.

Suddenly, the heat intensified and all the sisters and brothers began to sweat and feel really bad. The heat was unbearable! And then, the unthinkable to the brothers and sisters happened. One by one, each of the brothers and sisters burst into flame. They screamed and sobbed and cried and begged for the pain to stop, but, only until they were dead did they get their wish. The little boy in the raindrop turned away and began to weep for his brothers and sisters as well, but, that's what you get for not heading a mother's warning.
© Copyright 2010 Ronald Iris Pendregge (hetalia101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1703349-Tiny-Little-Raindrops