*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1703647-The-Chosen
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1703647
An exciting romance fantasy, with engaging characters and fun new worlds.
Dear Reader - Hello, and thank you for viewing my first story on writing.com! i hope you enjoy! Quick history of how this story came about: My boyfriend was writing a fiction, and both he and i were characters in it. and it gave me some ideas, so i asked him if i could write the same story that he was, only from my characters 1st person P.O.V., instead of his 3rd person P.O.V. so the idea of the story as a whole is partly my boyfriends idea, but the smaller details and everything is mine, and the entire writing of this story is my own work. :)



[The Chosen.]

By Alexandria Cordy(Aka Candance Lorelle). Based on the novel by Gabriel Wolfbane Pheonix.



[Chapter One, The War Begins.]



         I sat beside the fire thinking, slowly drinking my cup of chicory, when I heard a rustle in the bushes. I jumped up, spilling my hot drink on my arm, and begin yelling furiously. At that, I noticed my two companions standing beside me asking if I was all right.

    “Yeah, yeah, I’m fine…” I said, grumbling through clenched teeth.

Then they grabbed some water that was somewhat cold, and began to pour it on my arm over the burn.

         It was about 10:00 at night, and we were all exhausted, ready to head home. We were out in the middle of who knows where, in a forest, and it had been raining for the past three days. Thank the Lord, it had stopped early that morning and we were able to start a fire to cook and dry things off. We had left our hometown of Malta not quite 4 months prior. In addition, by “we”, I mean myself, Candance, and my two companions, Sophie and Elisabeth.

         I was born with the name Candance Elizabeth Lorelle 16 years ago in the month of March. I’m about 5’4”, medium build, and have long blond hair, light blue, almost white eyes, and very pale skin. Sophie is 16, and is around 5’3”, very small build, short brown hair, pale skin, and has bright green eyes. {Elisabeth is a panther Neko. 1, in human years around 15 or 16 years old. She is slightly shorter then Sophie, and has black fur, brown eyes, long white hair, and medium skin.}(?)

         So why were out in the middle of nowhere in December, cold, wet, miserable, and mostly lost? Well… we weren’t quite sure ourselves. However, it had begun when my grandmother was on her deathbed about 5 months ago.

    “Protect… the Blade of… Judgment… Find… the Outcast… Angel…. The Werevampire… Gabriel…. Wolfbane… Phoenix… He is our… only hope….” She whispered into my ear with her last breath. And with that, my dear grandmother passed away. The Blade she talked about was a family secret possession. It was stored in our attic for years and years, passed down through the generations. Supposedly, only a true Werevampire… the Prince of them all… can wield it. Anyone else who dares to try will die in the process.

         I had confided what my grandmother told me to my two closest friends, Lissy and Sophie.

  “What on earth did she mean? We have been protecting the blade successfully for years. And how on earth does she expect us to just magically find some random guy? And how is he our last hope? And our last hope for what? Is a war coming or something?” I questioned, mostly talked to myself.

  “I don’t know… perhaps we should ask Glandion?” said Lissy thoughtfully. Indeed, this was a good venture. Glandion was the local Mage, Prophet, Healer, Wiseman, and everything else in between. Maybe he would know what my grandmother meant. We planned to go to see him the next day.

         After telling the old, wrinkly man about what my grandmother said, he lit his pipe, and began to smoke it slowly, deep in thought.

  “Indeed, this is puzzling. As you know, I have the gift of foresight, and the things I see in the future are not attractive. A 400 year world war is about to enfold. And you and your friends are the ones who will end it. But, no wait! There is one more figure. A young man… yes, there is a young man standing beside you three, holding a blade. Together, you four will save this world from self destruction. You must find him. I have seen this man before. Take the road south, and through the woods of Bastin, and there will be an abandoned church a couple days walk after the forest. Go inside, and he will be hiding there. You must give him the blade you hold under your cloak.” With this, the old man began smoking again, as if he had said nothing shocking. All three of us sat there, mouths hanging open. How did this old cleric know all this? And how did he know I had the Blade with me? Nonetheless, we paid the man with a bauble and went home, discussing how we were to find this young man.

  “IF he is telling us truth, how do we know that this Gabriel person will be there when we get to the church? He could be long gone! He could be dead for all we know, and we could be wasting our time for no reason. Besides, we have all been training as warriors for years… we can lead a war without him!” Said Elisabeth.

  “But we don’t know how bad it will be,” said Sophie quietly.

  “She has a point, you know,” I said.

And so, we all decided to pack up and head out. And this is why here we are where we are.

  “I’m wet and c-c-cold,” said Sophie, stammering.

  “We all are,” replied Elisabeth.

  “We’ll be there within the next few days… I think. We’re nearing the edge of this forest,” I said, trying to sound confident.

We packed up camp early the next morning, and set off. The next couple of days were spent walking as much as possible, only stopping for a few minutes at a time to eat and rest. We eventually found the old church Glandion spoke of. It was a church of enormous size, made out of stone and marble, with lots of tall spires, pinnacles and columns, and several mounted gargoyles near the top. It was a sigh to behold, and we each had our breath away. As we opened the giant main entry, a whirlwind flew around us, with a great hissing and whooshing sound. The landscape around us became blurry, and then the church began to become fuzzy as well, and then one other became hard to focus on, and everything else around us, until eventually it was black and nothing was focusable. We felt our bodies being forced upward, and at a very fast speed were transported away.

         When I awoke, first thing I noticed was my body was deathly cold. My body felt limp as I attempted to pull myself up off the cold, hard stone floor I was laying on. I looked around, and noticed my two companions were doing the same. In a few minutes we had our gear and ourselves all up and standing, in a somewhat orderly state. What we noticed shocked us out of our wits: we were standing on the steps of the same exact church we were hours before, but the scenery was completely different. The weather was so much more chilling. The sky was not as clear. We couldn’t hear any birds. The grass wasn’t as green. The area we were in seemed so much more dull then what we were used to, as if in a haze. Then I realized what happened.

  “Um, guys… Glandion tricked us, in a way. He led us to a portal. We are not in Elphron anymore. We are in an entirely different realm,” I said, my voice starting to fail from fright.

  “That’s… not… possible… is it?” asked Sophie after a few moments.

  “Apparently it is,” replied Elisabeth, still shaken from this news.

  “Well, what do we do now? Can we enter the portal back home?” She asked.

  “I don’t think so… usually portals only work one-way. We will have to find another one. I vote let’s go inside the church, its probably safer then out here,” I said.

         As we entered the dimly lit church, we noticed it had not been in use for many, many years. There was holes in the windows, broken furniture thrown everywhere, dust and cobwebs everywhere the eye could see. We walked slowly down the long isle leading to the alter, our footsteps echoing. We were scared out of our minds. Thinking quickly, I began to sing an old I remembered as a child my mother sang to me. The other two girls joined in, and our soft voices rang through the entire building.

  “Come to me…  my perfect love…” I sang.

  “Come to me…” Elisabeth and Sophie echoed.

  “Come as you are… come to me”  Again I sang.

  “Come as you are…”  The girls echoed once more.

  “One so strong and wise…” Again,  my voice rang out, and we continued to sing in this manner. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, a young man stood up from under one of the pews, and for a few split seconds, our eyes met. I looked away, blushing. The boy appeared to be no older then 16 or 17 years, with short black hair, deep blue eyes, and was rather short, the same height as me. The stranger began to sing along with us, in a very deep voice.

  “My love, come closer near…” I continued the song.

  “As the moon begins to rise and the sun begins to set….” the handsome boy sang.

    “I hold my love close to my heart….” I sang back.

    “I keep my love close…” the stranger echoed.

We continued singing to one another, slowly inching closer to each other, our voices getting lower, our singing slowing down, until eventually, we were so close our noses almost touched. I gazed into his beautiful eyes until he spoke softly.

  “Give me your names, Stranger, and I shall give you mine,” said the boy as he stepped back from in front of me.

  “I was given the name Candance, and my two companions are Sophie and Elisabeth,” I said as the girls bowed slightly.

  “And I am Gabriel,” Said the boy.

At this, I gasped quietly.

  “We have heard of your tales. It is an honor to be in your presence,” I said as all three of us bowed reverently.

  “You presume much to think me as worthy to be bowed down to…” said Gabriel shyly.

  “I know what you have done. And though it may have not been good in your eyes, it has made life better for many people,” I said.

  “Why did you come?” Gabriel asked bluntly.

  “We know who you are. Truly… You are the Outcast Angel.  A Werevampire. A Warrior of God. We have been searching for you for quite some time. You are Gabriel Wolfbane Phoenix. We were all born at the same time. And…”

  “Let me guess… The four of us were destined to bring about a great era of peace?” Interrupted Gabriel.

  “Exactly,” Was my simple reply.

  “Well, I have news for you. In about 24 hours, this world will be at war. And this war is our problem to fix,” said Gabriel solemnly.

At this, my companions and I looked a Gabriel with disbelief.

  “We are the last hope for mankind. This world is about to embark on a war that will never be forgotten if anyone survives it,” Continued Gabriel.

  “How… how do you know all of this?” I questioned.

    “I know things that would turn a blackboard white. But that is not the point. The point is we need a plan,” Said Gabriel.

At this, Elisabeth stepped forward with one of my bags, and stood in front of our new friend.

    “We have something that belongs to you,” She said.

    “You do?”

    “Yes.”

All three of us walked closer, into a triangle formation, with me in front. I pulled out the Blade from my bag, wrapped in white cloth, and handed it to the boy.

    “This is your blade. It belongs to the Prince of the Werevampires. And it can only be wielded by you. Many have died who have tried to wield this blade. Thus why our family has kept it hidden for centuries. And you are the one who can wield it…” I said.

         We handed the sacred Blade to Gabriel, and as we did so, all the light in the room vanished. A thick, heavy grey fog enclosed around us, and all the wrapping on the sword tore itself off. It was a remarkable sight… The sword almost seemed to be made of darkness itself, the entire piece blacker then coal. The handle was made of a gigantic black diamond, and in the very center of the hilt, a crimson skull with long, fanged teeth. The tip of the blade was a pure white color. The blade had been forged by the first original Werevampires, almost 40 centuries prior. Indeed, this is no normal weapon. The very sight of it makes any human or creature, holy or unholy, collapse and beg for your mercy. Once the blade cuts through flesh, a poison is instilled in the victim, and within moments, the receiver will go completely mad. Their mind will literally explode, and their heart rate will increase by 300. This is not a sword to be trifled with. The blade is instilled with the souls of the first Werevampires. This Blade is known as the Blade of Judgment.

    “Only he who is worthy may claim this sword,” I said.

Suddenly, the Sword itself started shaking, and a voice came from it.

    “The king has come to claim his kingdom.”

    “I’m a king?” Gabriel asked the sword, in shock.

    “The king shall rule his kingdom fairly. Bringing evil to an end,” Again the sword spoke.

         At this, Gabriel began to speak in an ancient language, one that the world hasn’t heard since the Dark Age. As the boy continues to speak, the Blade begins to glow a light, white color, and with each word, it gets brighter and brighter. Soon, the entire room we stood in was filled with an eerie glow. All three of us girls huddled together under the safety of the sword, scared out of our wits. What the heck was going on? Gabriel continued to chant, and s this was happening, the already cold air chilled even more, and the ground beneath our feet began to shake furiously. Pieces of the ceiling were falling down around us, and cracks were forming in the floor. Dust was flying everywhere. Then a whirlwind begins to form, throwing wind, colder air, and snow all around. With each second that passes, the light in the room gets whiter, the air colder, and the wind faster. Gabriel lowers his tone, and as he does, the storm gets stronger and more ferocious. The light from the sword gets even stronger, pulsing; brighter and brighter. As Gabriel nears the end of the incantation, the storm strengthens to its strongest; the entire church is shattered to pieces and blown away. Gabriel finishes the chant, and he, along with the sword, is lifted upwards to the sky. Sophie, Elisabeth, and I stand to out feet. Just when we thought the storm couldn’t get any worse, as the figure of our friend is lifted into the eye of it, it gets to its strongest. The wind is so strong, and so cold, it feels as though it will rip the skin right off of us. And then, without warning, and blast of light, so bright and strong is blinded us for a moment, shoots from the sky. It is so strong, it can be seen all the way to the Heavens, shedding light into the darkest crack of the deepest abyss, putting holes into the clouds. As we look to the sky, the Storm disperses, the snow and dust settle around us, and Gabriel and the Blade slowly float back the ground, where he collapses and curls into a ball. After a few moments of being in so much shock, none of can move or say a word, we slowly start making our way to the motionless figure. But suddenly, something on his body moves, and we stop dead in our tracks. We question ourselves, thinking our eyes are failing us. But no, what we had witnessed was real.

    “It… cannot be…” stammered Sophie.

    “That’s impossible!” Gasps Elisabeth.

    “No… It is… This is He… The Left Hand of God,” I said, in total shock.

What we saw was this: As Gabriel slowly rose to his feet, behind each shoulder, slowly growing in length, ripping his clothing in back, was one deep crimson, six foot long, four foot wide wing. What a sight to behold! Gabriel stood there, weak, barely able to support his own weight, and he slowly looked up at us with a look of pain on his face.

    “What?” He asked us.

    “Just… Wow….” was all the reply I could muster.

    “It’s Him…” Said Sophie.

    “Him who?!?” Said Gabriel, confused.

    “You. You are our Leader… Look behind you,” Said Elisabeth.

Gabriel raised his eyebrows, and slowly moved his head to look behind himself. When his two wings came into view, he stopped breathing. His eyes tripled their size, and as he looked back us, he collapsed again. We all rushed over to him, and in a couple minutes he awoke. We asked if he was all right, and he replied he was fine, just really tired. He looked down and closed his eyes, as if regaining his strength from his surroundings. All of a sudden, he looked up at us, and when he did, he got a weird look on his face.

    “What’s with the funny face?” asked Elisabeth.

    “You… you all have… wings!” stuttered Gabriel.

    “What..!” We all shouted, and instantly turned around to see. Which was a dumb idea. When three people, who are standing very close to one another, all have 4 foot long wings, and all turn around in different directions at the same time, its bound to happen that at least one person gets smacked in the head with a large, feathery wing. And needless to say, this happened to all three of us. We were all(Gabriel included) hit and smacked and bopped in the head, and shoulder, and arm by massive wings each of us had, and all fell down and ended up in a feathery, jumbled heap. Feathers flew everywhere, and there was erotic laughter, and groans, and “Ows” coming from all four of us. When we were someone collected and had gotten used to the extra weight, and semi could walk successfully, we all stood up (one at a time, mind you, and plenty far away from one another), and began examining our new wings. My set was the largest of the girls, a dark, almost blackish blue color, with a slight purple-blue color at the tips. Each wing was 5 foot long. Sophie’s was different from everyone else’s in such a way - hers had two colors, back and white. The feathers were mixed with one another on each wing, making the wing gray in appearance from a distance. Hers was about four ½ feet long each. And Elisabeth’s were a beautiful, pure, crisp white… whiter then the fluffiest cloud or the freshest snow, also 4 ½ feet long.

  “Is this for real? Are we not just dreaming all of this?” asked Elisabeth.

  “Perhaps. But what are the chances of four people all dreaming exactly the same dream?” I replied.

    “Hmmm… this is true. So if this is all real, then why? What exactly are we?” questioned Elisabeth.

    “You four are Guardian Angels. You are sent to Earth from your own realm in times of chaos. You were sent to help me, to save this world from destruction,” said Gabriel. He then took out of his longcoat a beautiful crimson and gold staff, with a red diamond at the top of the handle, and golden wings at the bottom of the handle, and a white diamond at the tip. Gabriel explained that this was the Staff of Vengeance, and only a Princess of Werevampire can wield it. As the Blade chose its owner, so does the Staff. He gripped the staff harder, and threw it into the air. As it was in midair, it was spinning and rotating, and started to float down to the ground. As it did so, it softly landed in my hands. As it touched my skin, there was a bright flash, much like the one from the Blade, and when it faded, I was standing next to Gabriel. I was still staring down at my hands, too nervous to look up at the handsome boy next to me.

    “The Princess has been chosen. Now, go and take a seat on your thrones,” Gabriel said. And with a raise of his hand, the church appeared again, and where the pulpit was, four crystal thrones arose, the two in the middle slightly higher then the rest.

    “Elisabeth, Sophie. Kneel, and rise as Knights of the Werevampires,” said Gabriel.

    “My King, what have you us do?” asked Sophie.

    “You two shall be my Grand Archers,” said Gabriel, as he handed the two angels bows.

    “Sophie, your bow is the Bow of Stealth. With your skills of sneaking and deception, this bow shall enhance your skills ten fold. Take your weapon, Sophie the Cunning. And Elisabeth, you show much bravery and courage in your heart. Your bow is the Bow of Strength. Elisabeth the Brave. Now that that is out of the way, time to construct my castle…” Gabriel said with a grin. I gave him a sideways glance and smiled, wondering what he would do next.

         Gabriel stepped forward a few feet, and brought his hands up to the sky, and closed his eyes, as if drawing as much strength as he could. His hands soon begin to shake and tremble, and then a low moan rose from the earth, and it too, started shaking. It seemed as though the materials he would need for the building came right out of the core of the earth itself. The construction happened so quickly that I couldn’t follow it with my eyes. I soon gave up and closed my eyes. Within a few moments I opened them again and saw that the stone of the castle was not the normal gray rocks, but instead black and white obsidian. The pillars and the walls of the building intricate, ornate designs of old symbols from the Dark Age and all sorts of mythical creatures. There was ivy on the corners and walls, and mighty flags on the tops of the towers. The door was of a massive size, with many bolts and chain and supports just keep it in place. Once inside, there were more rooms then I could count, and halls that seemed to go on forever and ever. Our feet echoed through the silent, stone floors, and our voices carried on for miles it seemed. There were great masterpieces of art on the walls, and very expensive looking tapestries. The bedrooms were the size of several normal rooms combined, and was decorated in such fine, beautiful, wonderful styles it took your breath away. Mine was in purple and gold, and I nearly screamed with joy. It was so beautiful! I ran to my queen size bed and just threw myself onto the many overstuffed pillows. It was a gorgeous four-poster bed, made out of silk and taffeta and cherry wood. There was a scene painted on the ceiling, depicting the Creation. In the corner was a TV nook, a laptop, and a breakfast table with a mini refrigerator and an espresso machine. There were several tall dressers made of oak, and a dressing table, and a chair, and several ornate trunks, and each was filled with clothing and other things I would need.

         We continued touring the massive castle, and in the center was the Great Hall, an enormous room the size of several football fields. In the middle were a long row of strong Maple tables covered with Sapphire cloth. When we were seated at the Head table, troops being to pour into the room like ants on a piece of dropped food. Within a few moments, there were thousand of people, and in a couple hours, after everyone was present, there were too many faces to count. They were all Werevampires from all over the world, all assembled  in the room, ready to fight. A few minutes after letting all the splendor sink in, Gabriel stood in his seat beside me and motioned with his hands for the room to silence itself. Once the room was quiet, you could have sworn a pin being dropped could have been heard. As Gabriel began to speak, his voice echoed so strongly you could have though he was standing next to you, even at the very end of the massive room.

  “My brothers and sisters -  We have called to your attention a very serious matter. This is the first of a gathering such as this since the history of the world. Most of us have met for the first time… And more then likely the last. We are on the edge of a war… The two superior powers of this world are about to collide with one another in a historic battle. One the world shall never forget. And we are the last hope for mankind to live. We are to try and stop this war at all costs. No matter what it takes, as long as this sword is in my hand and I have a breath left to breathe then I shall fight on. You have bravely honored the call. Now, I ask you, will you fight with me? For our friends, our families, our very own lives… Will you fight next to me?” 

As Gabriel finished his speech, the entire crowd answered with a strong, ear-deafening “YES!”.

  “Good! This night we shall feast and enjoy ourselves one last time, and then tomorrow, we are to war!” Gabriel shouted again.

  “ALL TO WAR!” the crows yelled. It was such a lour roar from the people, you could barely hear even minutes after everyone quieted down. Indeed, it was useless to try and talk to one another, for no could hear. That was how loud it was. Then everyone raised a glass to toast to the next day’s battle. After words, I just sat in my chair, smiling, in total awe of the support and energy flowing from everyone present. Slowly the night goes on, and people begin to trickle out of the room and to their quarters for the night.  The night progresses, and eventually the only people left are Gabriel, the girls, and myself. As my two companions tell me goodnight, I go to Gabriel and tell him goodnight. He softly kisses my on my hand and as I leave the room, I close the door behind me. As I do so, I hear him talking to himself. I wonder, “should I go talk to him? Will he be alright?” But I shook away the thought, thinking he needed to think. Tomorrow would be a day to remember, to say the least.

         I awoke with a start. Midnight. What had waken me? Perhaps it was the glum atmosphere of the people sleeping for what could be their last night. Or maybe it was the worry I couldn’t shake away that was something was wrong. Or the fact that the image of Gabriel pacing and talking to himself with such a worried, scared look on his face just wouldn’t leave my mind. I jumped out of my bed and grabbed a robe, and quickly ran barefoot down the long, cold, dark halls to the hall where I was hours before. As I neared the giant door, I stopped, panting, trying to catch my breath. Leaning against the door, I hear the faint voice of my friend talking to himself in the dark room.

  “I don’t want anyone to get hurt. Why did I take that sword! I should have just said no, should have just backed away. Now the fate of an entire race rests on my shoulders. The entire world, for that matter. How could I have so stupid? To think, I thought that this would change things, that it would save everything.”

I slowly walked up behind and laid my hand on his shoulder.

    “Why are you still up? You need to get your rest,” I said softly.

Without moving a muscle in his body, Gabriel sighed.

    “You think you know everything, don’t you?”

    “Hmm?” was all I said as an answer.

    “You have a lot to learn. This war is not a game. It isn’t something you get a second chance at. And unlike me, most everyone else is vulnerable to those mortals weapons. There is nothing worse then seeing someone die that is your best friend, and it is because of something you did that caused their demise. And I don’t need sleep, I never sleep. I have no need to,” said Gabriel, with a sound of anger mixed with sadness in his voice.

  “I know you have been through a lot. I am here for you,” I said trying to sound calm, although really, I was terrified. Terrified he was mad at me.

  “How can you possibly know what I have been through! I watched my friends being picked off like bugs, dying one by one in front of me, and there was nothing I could do. My entire family disowned me. My parents didn’t even want me. I have but one regret in this world, and that is that I found this accursed crystal!” shouted Gabriel, in such an anguish that I had never heard anyone show. I could see the beginnings of tears, and such a sad look was in his eyes, it almost ripped my heart out of my chest. Then he suddenly reached for and ripped a chain off his neck which beheld a magnificent crystal. He held it out for me to look at, and the moment I saw it, I gasped. It couldn’t be, could it?

    “That… is impossible…the Werevampire crystal…” I said in a barely audible voice.

  “What?”

  “Do you not realize what you’re holding? Every ounce of energy that has ran through every living human and creature since Creation, is all contained inside this crystal,” I said, my eyes sparkling with excitement.

  “Humans have been searching for this for hundreds and hundreds of years.”

  “I…see. But, what does this have to do with me?” asked Gabriel.

  “Don’t you see? This rock has unlimited power, and only one person can access it. The one true Werevampire,” I said.

         I reach out my hand and touch the stone, and as I do so, a bright beam of light flashes around me, and Gabriel and I share a flashback. There is a man dying, and a young girl kneeling over him. The guy takes a crystal necklace and rips it off his neck and hands it to the lady next to him. “Take it, it’s yours now. It holds all of the energy since before the beginning of time. Take it, and hide it away so no one will find it and misuse it. Only the true Werevampires can access the full extent of power deep inside the crystal, and when a true Werevampire and the crystal are together, every Werevampire that has ever lived shall be resurrected from their grave and join them in what ever they may need help with… Ghreehhhh!!” With his dying breath, he whispers to the girl “I love you” and passes away. The girl runs and hides the crystal in a place she thought to be safe. The flashback began to quickly fade away, and as it does, I notice that my gaze is locked with Gabriel, both of us in complete shock. He was able to recover before I did, and simply said “That was weird”.

  “I’ll say. I wonder what he meant by ‘werevampires’” I said, still puzzled.

  “I have not a clue. But, I do know this. There is another creature out there like me, and I think.. Its you.” said Gabriel, looking up and gazing at my eyes.

         “What!” I gasped, and as I did, I noticed the look on his face, and that he was dead serious. I look into his eyes, and notice they are the deepest shade of blue I have ever seen. I begin to think about what he had said, not wanting it to be true, but thinking harder, realizing it is. His eyes dark blue, mine almost white-ish blue. My hair long, blond, and curly. His, short, black, and slightly wavy. My skin an almost translucent pale white, his a slightly tan white. He is very shy, I am a little more outgoing. We are so different from each other, and yet, so much alike. We slowly begin to move closer to one another, and as we do so, he holds out his hand for me to take it. I do, and notice that our hands are the same exact size and fit together perfectly. I look into his eyes and see his are as big as mine, out of shock, realizing that we were in fact, made for each other. That we were meant to be together, two halves, coming together, to make a whole. We embrace, and as we do, the ground beneath us begins to shake violently. Quicker then could be described, the entire Hall was filled with every Werevampire that ever walked the earth. We look at one another, and then at the large crowd, as Gabriel moves to the center of the room and one of the men speaks.

  “We shall serve you, King.”

As this was said, every Werevampire in the room got down and kneeled before us.

  “I think I believe now,” said Gabriel, his eyes huge.

  “I would hope so. Do you see now? You are our King. You shall lead us,” I said, smiling.

         It was early morning, just as the sun began to rise, and everyone was assembling outside. Everywhere I looked, there were soldiers prepairing their weapons, putting on armor, warming up their muscles, and so on. There was the clattering of metal, and low murmer of people talking here and there, but overall, a deadly silence resonated over the area. The girls and I got ready, and after a few moments, relized we were missing someone. I looked around trying to see Gabriel amongst the thousands of faces, and asking around if he had been seen recently. No one had. I went to his room. Empty. I searched the halls. Not a shadow of a human to be seen. Finally, I reached the Great Hall. There, in the corner, I seen the faint outline of a figure. I slowly walked towards the person, realizing it was indeed Gabriel.

         He sat looking at his armor with such a forlorn expression, I felt like I was intruding. His armor was so magnificent, I couldn’t help but stare. It was the blackest of black color, with crimson diamonds encrusting the pieces. On the chest plate was a red skull painted on the middle, so horrifying I nearly jumped. Gabriel looked up at me, and back down at the armor without saying a word.

  “You gonna be ok?” I asked.

  “What is it you are fighting for?” Gabriel replied.

  “Pardon? Oh, um, well, for freedom I guess. Its just something I need to do. Why do you ask?” I questioned.

  “Because I have no idea why I’m doing this. I mean, what is it I am fighting for? Why am I risking so many lives? Why am I wasting my time, and risking my own death? I have nothing to fight for. No friends, no family, no home. Freedom means nothing to me, since I live on the land and make my own rules. Why am I out here risking my life? I have nothing left to call my cause. Nothing or no one to fight for,” said Gabriel depressingly.

  “But you do. You have a family. You have friends. You have us,” I said, putting my hand on his shoulder. Without warning, he looked up and searched my eyes, tears running down his cheeks, falling to his armor.

  “How do I know you’re not lying? How do I know you mean it sincerely, and don’t mean to betray me like everyon else?”

  “Because, I’m not like everyone else,” I said, hinting a smile. Gabriel still remained searching my eyes for truth, asking me many question without saying a word. I returned his gaze, answering his questions. He sighed, and dropped his head down again, as if a huge load was taken off his shoulders.

  “I love you Gabriel. We’ll get through this. You’ll see,” I said.

  “Promise me something,” Gabriel said urgently.

  “Anything.”

  “Don’t get hurt. Don’t let your guard down for a second. Give it all you got, but please… if you’re in a situation where you might get wounded, get out of there. I don’t want anything to happen to you.” Gabriel said.

  “I promise.”

  “Thank you,” was all he managed to whisper. I said it wasn’t a problem, and gently wiped away his tears. After a few moments of silence, he spoke again.

  “Now we better get out there, huh?” 



Footnotes
1  Neko

A catgirl is a female with cat ears, a cat tail, or other feline characteristics on an otherwise human body. Catgirls may be found in Japanese anime and manga where they are more commonly referred to as Neko or Nekomimi, in cosplay activities both in Japan and around the world, and in video games. - Wikipedia.

© Copyright 2010 Allie Cordy (alliecat322 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1703647-The-Chosen