*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1704277-The-Forgotten---Chapter-5
by Onyx
Rated: E · Other · Death · #1704277
Finally....the last chapter.
I stared at the person in shock. I ought to be happy and overjoyed but I remained rooted to the ground. My feet refused to move, my eyes didn't dare blink. I frantically told myself to move. All I did was stare at him, trying to open the gate to the haunted mansion. He paced around to try and find an opening but he seemed to have searched in vain. He pulled his denim jacket closer, as a sudden cold spell fell upon the moor. He sat down, rubbing his arms so as to warm up.



"DAVID!" I yelled.



He looked up. I scurried over to my brother, tears of joy flowing down my cheeks. The last three steps seemed to take eternity. The last step took ages, but then the whole slow motion stopped and at normal speed, I ran into David and I affectionatley hugged him. David wasn't ready for that and he toppled over. I gave a chuckle and raised him up.



"How come you're so happy to see me?"



That was a question I wasn't ready to answer. Before, I never was at all glad to see David. Not even if hell froze, would I have smiled at him. I looked straight in his wide, blue eyes. They expressed sadness and he was hurt about something. The wind whipped David's straight, brown hair which he wore long, into his eyes. His pale face remained static. He didn't move an inch while he waited for me to answer.



"Why are you asking?" I said, avoiding his eyes.



David grew splenetic. I never heard such coldness in the tone of his voice or such horrible words against me. After all, he actually abhorred me - utterly detested me.



"You double faced creature from hell - first you ruin my life, destroy every chance I have to make friends, lie about me, act instead of the devil to make people act indifferent with me - cold-shouldering me, as if I'm not part of the society. Because of you. Now....you're so happy to see me. I wish I remained dead. I would much rather become a ghost than live with people like you," he yelled.



I stared at David amazed at his unusually long speech. I felt a lump in my throath as I watched him run away from me.

"Dave, wait, let me speak to you," I yelled, my voice croaking.

"Save it," he yelled back.

"PLEASE!" I answered. I burst into uncontrollable tears. I covered my eyes with my hands as I sobbed noisily. After a few moments, I heard footsteps trudging near me.

David came back.

"Listen, I think I have said very harsh words to you. I am sorry. Please forgive me," he said in a softer voice.

I sniffed as I hugged my brother again. We both looked at the mansion and I saw the amiable ghost of the Victorian Lady waving good bye. We waved back until the ghost disappeared and the mansion returned to its usual melancholic and lonely state.

David and I walked slowly hoping to find the exit of the unpleasant moor, towards home. I was tired out and exhausted after today's adventure.

David explained to me how he woke up to find himself in the moor at around two o'clock - probably the time I entered the haunted building. I had only stayed in the house for half an hour, though it seemed as if I had been in there for ages.

Together, we found our way home. Mum watched David enter, her mouth wide open. She flung her arms round him and promised us both a sumptous supper and a day out on Saturday.

From then on, David and I became inseparable friends unlike the earlier days before the incident. I'm really happy things turned out like this. Sometimes we still visit the ghosts in the mansion though I try hard to avoid the two hideous ghosts of the mayor and his son.

However, I consider myself a lucky girl that the giggly friends I had before have completley abandoned me because I was becoming feather headed like them, I am very lucky that my short venture in the mansion all turned out well.

And I'm exceedinlgy happy that I was reunited with my twin.



© Copyright 2010 Onyx (whilelmina96 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1704277-The-Forgotten---Chapter-5