*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1704468-Him
Rated: E · Other · Relationship · #1704468
About a lost summer romance and first love.
         His face appeared physically just short of perfection as there was nothing i could possibly consider criticizing or desire changing. He had one of those enchanting smiles that only a handful of people of whom you will ever meet in a lifetime posses; one of those smiles which lit up his whole face effortlessly yet inspired me to suddenly feel peaceful but at the same time, excited and rebellious. It was a wide smile which revealed a set of dazzling white teeth framed by perfect rose-petal pink lips and left two clearly visible dimples in both tanned cheeks.

         I can not hope to explain nor decipher what it was that caused me to glance towards the beautiful stranger but as I did so and my eyes met his for the first time I knew that a bond had formed between the two of us and that he would leave a lasting impression on my naive, young heart. Standing there, I felt what every teenage girl wishes to feel as she reads countless love stories whilst daydreaming about her prince charming,  and instantaneously I knew that I now believed in something that i had previously looked upon as impossible; love at first sight.

         Although he was well built for his age with broad shoulders he did not, for one second intimidate or frighten me in any way at all. Instaed, as I held eye contact with his hazel eyes which danced playfully in the light of the setting sun, I felt protected or as though he had been sent to change the way i felt about the world in some profound way.

         His auburn hair was smoothly brushed to the side yet at the same time looked bizarrely out of place; different to any i had seen before or, that i could at least remember as at this moment in time my memory seemed itself somewhat of a distant blur as i focussed on what i truly believed was my destiny. The temperature appeared to drop ever so slightly and a light breeze tickled the back of my neck, sending shivers running up and down my spine as he introduced himself in a calm, sensual voice leaving me speechless once again.

         He was a breath of fresh air, a light at the end of my tunnel and the day i met him will be as vivid in my mind forever. As i sit here contemplating what could, or would of happened if he had not left at the end of the summer, one thought runs constantly through my mind; what is meant to be, will always find a way. I know, deep down in my heart that I will never experience those countless different emotions I felt during the precious few days of which i spent with him but I know that he has helped me become who I am today and he will undoubtedly, always be my first love.
© Copyright 2010 Gabbiex (gabbiex at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1704468-Him