*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1704691-Babies-Cant-Talk-But-They-Can-Think
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1704691
A two month old baby thinks about her life so far.
    My name is Meridian and I'm two months old.  I can't talk yet; but I can think.  God gave me really good parents.  They do everything that they can to make life nice for me.  Mommy had a nice place for me to be for nine months.  I was very happy there until it got too crowded.  I had a hard time moving around.  I felt kind of like a hermit crab that outgrows her house and needs a new bigger one.
    The trip out of my little house was quite an adventure!  I was perfectly happy when Mommy and Daddy held me.  But you won't believe the welcome that the hospital staff gave me.  They said that everything that they did to me was important; and they were just doing their jobs.  I let them know what I thought about all that moving, scrubbing, poking, and bothering.  The staff said that I wasn't the biggest baby in the nursery; but I was definitely the loudest.  Grandma stood outside of the nursery and watched me; but there was a thick glass between us; so she couldn't help a bit.
    There were a lot of people that were happy to see me.  I felt very special; but I really was really glad that the hospital was not my new home.  Mommy and Daddy took me to my new "big house" and the prettiest room ever.  The colors were soft and the walls were painted with murals perfect for a baby girl like me.  My quilt was made with lilies; because my middle name is Lily.  Every day I notice something new that Mommy had painted on the walls.  There are lots of books and I love for Mommy to read them to me.  The beautiful chandelier is what I am the most interested in now.  The dimmer switch gets the lights so soft that I can look right at them and all the shiny glass.
    People come to hold me.  They smile and say sweet things.  I just smile back and enjoy all the attention.  I do expect them to give me back to Mommy and Daddy.  Mommy and Daddy know the best way to hold me and talk to me.  We make a wonderful family!  What a fantastic time we will have!
© Copyright 2010 Shirley Holladay (sholladay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1704691-Babies-Cant-Talk-But-They-Can-Think