*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1705259-God-Talk
by Ameila
Rated: E · Other · Spiritual · #1705259
These paragraphs show the power of a song. How God spoke to me at thirteen.
                  When I turned thirteen, I not only had one of the best birthday parties of my life I also changed my future drastically.
         My parents divorced when I was about two and after a long custody battle, I ended up with my dad. Just before my thirteenth birthday, my mother had called a hearing and the judge unknowingly booked the court date on my birthday.
         That morning I woke up with more fear in my mind than joy. All I could think about was "what if...." I was not ready for the stress or pressure that I knew would come with the hearing. My dad was busy getting things ready for the party when I decided I could not tell one parent that I did not want to be with them. I just melted as I slid down the wall and drew my knees up to my chest. My tears were silent as they slid down my cheeks. I knew that I had to get up off the floor and do something.
         When I was almost eight I accepted Christ as my Savior and somewhere between that eight year old me to the thirteen year old me I had sort of ignored that little voice inside my head. That morning however, I believe God was reaching out to me. I was just still and quiet and as clear as day I thought of what I needed. I walked to the phone and dialed the number of our local radio station. I requested the song that gave me courage, strength and what I needed more that anything at that moment, peace.
         "Lead Me To The Cross", played over the loud speakers at my church camp about two months after the hearing. When I heard the song, I went back to that moment when I was on my knees, hands raised in prayer, with almost every weight humanly possible on my back being lifted, just briefly. When I hear it, even now, I feel that supernatural strength and peace that only God can give. He may not use an audible voice, but He will speak; you just have to listen.  :  )
© Copyright 2010 Ameila (ameila4reading at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1705259-God-Talk