*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1706131-Goodbye
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1706131
Very short story about a lovers' goodbye. Eager to get feedback let me know what you think
"I'm sure this is going to be harder for me than it is for you", she said as the words she were about to say twisted her heart. Biting back the tears that stung her eyes she held his face in her hand. "I love you, and there will always be a special place for you in my heart."

The muscles in his jaw twitched. He was going soft on the inside, in contrast to his hard exterior. She knew his heart was bleeding from her words.

They both knew what she was going to say next, what had to be said, but could she speak those words?

"I've cherished our time together." Her heart skipped a beat, afraid to look into his pleading brown eyes. "I will remember you always." Her chest ached and fingertips tingled with the notion that this would be the last time they would feel the delicious warmth of his skin. Her hand slipped to his bare chest.

"Look at me", he said, barely a breath.

They could never be. There was no future for them. Coming from opposite worlds, only their passion for each other uniting them.

"I - I can't do this", her breath coming out in a rush. Her hand slipped from his heart as she turned and walked alway, never looking back.
© Copyright 2010 Juliette (jennyqt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1706131-Goodbye