*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1706139-King-AragornThe-Land-of-Tarzyah-CHPT1
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1706139
Aragorn is swept unwillingly to a world of adventure where magical creatures exist.
King Aragorn: The Land of Tarzyah


It was a sunny Sunday on a busy city. The streets were packed with rows of market stalls. The mud-made pavement was frying like a cooking pan as each person took a step. Voices were overlapping in calls for advertisement. This was the day where all trades happened. The day where all the people from the countryside would gather around. For the Annual Market Day.

Aragorn's family was no different. His family would set out on this day, 100 miles from their wooden shack, to seek for a special treat. However, Aragorn found that this was always an opportunity to go have some fun. His mother would spare him a few pennies to buy what he wanted. This was when he would wander around all over the place looking for the most outrageous objects on sale.
As he was scanning the stalls from left to right he noticed one that he'd never came across before. His eyes shone with excitement. To his surprise, no one had really bothered to even take a glimpse of this stand. But this did not stop him as he rushed over towards the stall. The man was selling amulets, necklaces. But one caught his eyes the moment he noticed the stall. The amulet had a pink crystal-like object on it. It was quite small, about 3cm wide and 5cm long. This was something he’d never came across before and it fascinated Aragorn. He was eager to put it on and show it to his family.
“This amulet looks really nice doesn’t it?” the man suddenly asked, noticing he was staring at it.
It was hard to tell how old the man was but young would definately be the wrong word to describe him. He was well past his 70s but it was impossible to tell exactly how old. It was obvious he had not shaved for a while. Most of his face was covered by his unorganized beard growing everywhere as if each and every single hair had a mind of its own. His eyes were filled with royal blue, mysterious and deep. The staff which he held was old but well used. What really stood out about him was the emerald robe he wore. How stunning it looked. The fine made silk, the well weaven patterns combined with the gems of sapphire, ruby and diamond showed off their presence as each one of the 24 shone with pride. The robe did not match the man at all in any way.
“Yeah, it’s really fascinating. I’ve never seen this before, one of a kind.” Aragorn replied with excitement.
The man knew from the moment he spotted this kid that he was something special. He wasn’t tall for a 14 year old boy. Wearing his favourite red t-shirt with cargo shorts showed he did not care much about fashion. He looked enthusiastic in every way; his eyes, his facial expression, his actions all expressed it.
“Do you want to try it on?” The man held out the amulet. “It is called the Amulet of Zyre. Legend says it was once a gift to the King long time ago. It was found when a treasure hunter was looking for valuables in the Death Cave.”
“Why was it called the Death Cave?” Aragorn asked eagerly.
He was intrigued to know more about this precious little amulet and where it came from.
“This Death Cave was one everyone feared of.” The man continued. “The cave got its name because all the people who ever wandered into the cave never returned. Not a single person did.”
“Except that treasure hunter?” Aragorn asked with eyes full of excitement.
Aragorn was dying to know more of the story and urged the man to tell him more.
“Yes, except for that treasure hunter.” He answered with bitterness. “He was loyal to his town and proved this by gifting the precious pink crystal-like treasure to the King. The King was delighted and invited the treasure hunter to join him in a banquet..”

Time passed as the man slowly revealed the story of the King and the Amulet of Zyre to Aragorn. The King had specially made the diamond into an amulet after he recieved this gift. It has been around his neck ever since. The treasure hunter was rewarded as a close servant to the King.
“What happened next?” Aragorn asked; he could wait no more.
The man chuckled and held out the amulet.
“Why don’t you try it on and I’ll tell you the rest,” the man said.
Aragorn willingly wrapped the amulet around his neck and all of a sudden the amulet started glowing. The light shone as bright as the sun, setting free the colours of the rainbow. At the corner of his eyes he could see the man smile and whisper the words, ‘Good luck’ as he blinked.

To be continued...
© Copyright 2010 mysteryanonymous (xunknownx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1706139-King-AragornThe-Land-of-Tarzyah-CHPT1