*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1706336-Roman-Holiday-review
by Louise
Rated: E · Review · Entertainment · #1706336
My review of the classic film, " Roman Holiday."

      What could I say about the 1953 romantic comedy, " Roman Holiday?" The better question to ask myself is what could I not possibly say about this classic, touching film? This is a movie that has not only set the bar for all films of its kind, but it also displayed some of the best acting to date.
      "Roman Holiday" is an enriching tale of a young, sheltered princess Anne,( Audrey Hepburn) who escapes her responsibilities as Royalty for a day, and eventually meets up with a very charming, handsome Joe Bradley( Greggory Peck), who is an American Newspaper Reporter who is stationed in Rome. Once he discovers her true identity, he realizes his good fortune and then promises his editor and exclusive interview with Princess Anne.
Although I believe the tale to be considered romantic in nature, which it is, but in many ways it is a comedic piece.  Its a brilliant combination of both genres, something which is definitely lacking in our modern day romantic/comedies.
  What makes this film truly unique are the scenes where it is just Audrey and Greggory. They have such a connection, or a supernatural chemistry that just illuminates on screen. They are one of those rare pairs, where when you watch them act, you forget that it is not reality; the two of them make it completely believable.
It is clean, it is fun, it will make you cry, it will make you laugh, the acting is second to none, the Story Line is fresh and original, the camera work and shots of Rome will steal your breath away, and it is the Debut of one of the Greatest Actresses of all time. I could have said so much more, pages and pages more, but for times sake this is the best I could do. If you have never seen it, I hope that I have whetted your appetite and that you will consider kicking it old school your next movie night. If you have already seen this timeless classic, then by all means watch it again!
Have a good one, and I'll see you at the movies.
© Copyright 2010 Louise (lou_19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1706336-Roman-Holiday-review