*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1706348-Jake-Stone-The-Gym-Boy
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #1706348
This book is about a boy name Jake who volunteers to work at the gym and meets a girl.
"Hey Jake", yelled Josh,” “What’s happening?" asked Josh. "Nothing much, just the usual” I said. I was sweeping and mopping the gym floors. "Guess who I saw!" Josh said "Who?” “The new girl, Olivia" My stomach started to feel fluttery inside, like it had butterflies in it. I didn't want Josh to know that I liked Olivia so I tried to play it nonchalant. "So….." I said. "Well she asked about you." "Wait!" I screamed. "She asked about me?" "Yep" Josh said. “She thinks she’s sooo popular. Like that’s going to happen” "Yea you're right." I said. That’s when I had an idea. “Well I have to go,” I said. “See you later Josh.” I ran home as fast as I can. I ran so fast to my room, my mother didn’t even notice me. As soon as I got into my room I went straight to the phone to call Olivia. Ringggggggggg! Ringggggggg! “Hello?” said Olivia. “Hi, I’m Jake Stone. I’m in your first, second, third, fourth and eighth period, I was wondering if you wanted to swim in the recreation pool with me?” I asked. “Sure what time” Olivia responded. I was excited when I heard that answer. “Uh, 2:00 would be great” I said nervously. “Ok then. See you there” said Olivia.

         The next day I told Josh the whole conversation he had with Olivia. I thought Josh would be happy for me, instead he was really mad. In fact he yelled these exact words: “YOU STUPID IDIOT! WHY DID YOU DO THAT!?” He even started saying things in Spanish; I didn’t have a clue what he was saying. The students and teachers were looking at him strangely. After Josh let all his anger out, the teacher sent him to the office. I felt really ashamed for what I did. I also felt mad at Josh. I thought Josh would be happy but instead he was mad at me. It made him feel like he was the bad guy and Josh was the good guy. Sure I know that he likes her, but I do to. I was so into thought that I didn’t even know that the teacher called. So of course I was embarrassed to answer the question. After the bell rung I went straight to Olivia's house to pick her up. She was seemed nervous, like she was hiding something from me. As soon as we got to the recreation center, we went to the pool. It was fun at first, but then it got a little strange. She was acting like she didn’t want to talk to me. I asked her what was wrong. That’s when she told me the truth and changed my life around. “I’m in love with your friend, Josh and I was wondering if you could introduce him to me?” I was so mad, heartbroken, and humiliated. So I left here there and went home. That is when my life changed around.

         That day I lost Olivia, my job, and my friend. I was so miserably. I tried to move on but I just couldn’t. The next day I saw Josh. The first that was on my list was to say sorry to Josh so we can become friends. “Hey,” I said to Josh. He didn’t respond. “Look I just wanted to say I was sorry, and I was wondering if we can become friends again. “I forgive you. I wan to say that I'm sorry too I shouldn’t have over reacted. I saw what happened to you and Olivia at the pool. I kind of felt bad. For now on friendship comes first. Girls come second. Deal?” he asked. “Deal!” I said. So after first period ended, I saw that Olivia was waiting for me to introduce her. I introduced her, not the way she wanted, and of course, Josh wasn’t interesting. From that day on, we’ve been inseparable friends. Now that’s what I call a friend! 

© Copyright 2010 Poodle441 (poodle441 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1706348-Jake-Stone-The-Gym-Boy