*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1707596-Golden-Ticket
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1707596
Flash fiction 300 words
Just finished shopping in ‘BeJams’ with my Gran. She bought all this cheap food and she still didn’t have enough money to pay for it all. So I lend her a few quid , from by birthday money, to pay her food debts at the cashier.

          We are now struggling to walk to the bus stop with the bags of food. People in their fast cars stuck in traffic, smothered in expensive clothes see us pass by and laugh at my Gran’s stained clothes. The Bus finally arrives. What a relief, because I didn’t want to stand around all day being laughed at like a clown. It's not my job to play clown; its my life.

         Anyway, we struggle to get the trolley full of  ’BeJams’ food on the bus. Finally on the bus and the seats are all taken by unemployed people, and somebody nearby stinks of body odour because they can’t afford to pay the water bills. My Gran is not only poor, she also has had three cancers which her body is still recovering from. It’s impossible for her to be standing up all day on the bus; she has no strength.  We are all squished like sardines on this giant bus. You got people's elbows bashing against one another and armpits in people's faces.  One more stop left.

                   Now walking to the front door and there it was flapping in the dog poo. A lottery ticket. If only I could be a millionaire. We won't have to struggle anymore. I pick it out of the dog poo and wait till seven for the results.

          My Gran and I each have a cup of weak tea, hoping for that ticket to change our lives.

        The T.V Says: ‘09, 67, 23, 44...’

           ‘I must be dreaming’

© Copyright 2010 Cheeseboy (cheeseboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1707596-Golden-Ticket