*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1708371-Cards-and-Grins
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Other · #1708371
Over Labor Day Weekend 2010; It is simply about good times and good people.
Cards and Grins

    Wispy fingers of blue-grey smoke grasped and swirled at the long lustrous hair of Ms. Nikki Hill. Where her hair seemed to banish the light in favor of the dark her smile shone like 10,000 candles as she shouted aloud, “That’s expensive stuff man!” Thomas James paused in his culinary efforts and gave the spinner ring on his pinky a quick whirl. It is never good to have a man in a wife beater cooking your dinner while he wanders wasted around your kitchen, but he’s a fucking genius; free of terrible solitude. Born from sucking back Bud Light like water. He grinned wryly and added with a blank stare, “Just enough to wet your pallet.” He’d missed her point. Nothing new there, TJ, as we know him, teeters on the edge oblivion. Nikki and Vinny Village, we swear he carries an entire people in his pants, were 6-deep in a game of Hi-Low along with Mr. Nicholas Cobb. Vinny had knocked over the Magic Hat, stopping the game when he’d reached across the table to snag the Snyder’s…cheese flavored. Muttering obscenities under his breath Cobb, A.K.A.  Nick-The-Dick-Cobb was clearly annoyed at the mess on the table.  Indifferent to the anger, Vinny excused himself from the game momentarily to rip tube. Time seemed to stretch out becoming threadbare and the kitchen took on a sort of dreamlike quality making everyone and everything seem somehow fuzzy or insubstantial.  Pen and paper remained on the table and the night’s free flow was jotted down where we fancied something silly; “just shut the fuck up and write it down.”  In answer Vinny doffed the cap on another Hat told Cobb he’d like to bend his flux capacitor and with a quick grin from Ms. Hill, the game resumed.
© Copyright 2010 Morrigan (nvmiele at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1708371-Cards-and-Grins