*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1708847-Love-In-a-Video-Store---Chapter-One
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fanfiction · #1708847
A new girl comes to Santa Carla. What will happen when the Boys come along?
It was nighttime. In Santa Carla, California, things were different at night. However, they were also deadly.

It was true that Santa Carla had gained a reputation as the "Murder Capitol of the World". Every night, some people would go missing, never to be seen again. And there were some mysterious deaths, too.

Another thing about Santa Carla was the enigmatic biker gang. They were these four guys. However, they were not just any group of guys. They were never seen in the daytime; they only came out at night. And, of course, the shocking thing was that if you ever crossed them, you would wind up missing.

Anyway, on the boardwalk, there was something for everyone. And it was summer too!

Nineteen-year-old Abigail Watson looked around the boardwalk. She could not believe she was here…in Santa Carla. She had moved there from Molalla, Oregon after her high school graduation. She was born and raised by cowboys in Texas in 1988. Then, after her parents died when she was fifteen, she moved to Oregon to finish her years in high school. Now she wanted to make a fresh start.

Where could be better to do that than in Santa Carla?

Abigail had deep orbs that were the color of the sky on a bright summer's day, and seemed to hide what she often thought about herself. Her hair was the color of chocolate ice cream. Her personality – well, it was cool, tough and friendly all at the same time.

She had heard it was called "the murder capitol of the world", and for good reason.

Hmm. Is that true? Well, I'll have to find out for myself.

So she walked up to the carousel and stepped onto it. Then four guys, three with blond hair and one with black, came on after her. While she leaned against the pole in the middle, watching the other people, they got into a fight with the Surf Nazis. Then after the security guard stopped the catfight, she blinked, a little certain she felt the leader of those four guys – the one with the blond hair in a mullet – was...watching her. Like he knew something she didn't.

Whoa, Abigail. Don't get carried away, she thought.

David watched the new girl with cobalt orbs and chocolate hair walk down the boardwalk. He noticed she was wearing a black long-sleeved T-shirt with a blue coat over it. A sheriff's badge was pinned to the outside of the coat. She also wore a pair of black Levis, and on her head was a black cowboy hat. He sensed there was something about her he liked. He just had to find out what it was.

Paul, Dwayne, and Marko were also entranced by her, and wondering the same thing David was.

What is she like?

Abigail, unaware of four pairs of eyes on her, saw a video store up ahead. So she walked up to the entrance and stepped over the threshold.

The guy behind the counter looked up and smiled. He wore a checked suit and Buddy Holly glasses.

"My name's Max," he said. He held out his hand, and Abigail took it, grinning as well.

"I'm Abigail Marie Watson," she replied, taking off her cowboy hat. "But just call me Abigail."

Max then said,
"So, how may I help you tonight?"

"Oh, I'm hunting for a job. Got anything new?"

"Well, I could use someone who can stack tapes alphabetically," replied Max.

"Well then, I'm just the person for the job," replied Abigail, smiling.

A few minutes later, she was looking over tapes and making sure they were stacked alphabetically. Occasionally she found a few out of place, so she put them back in their right spot. She didn't know how, but this job just came naturally to her.

Then Max poked his head around the corner.

"Hey Abigail."

"Yeah?" she asked.

"Could you put on some different music?"

"Sure. Let me go check my backpack."

She walked up to where her blue backpack sat - only to discover someone was holding it. He had blue eyes, the mullet, and wore black pants, black shirt, a black trench coat, and black gloves on his hands. He also wore a smirk. It was him, the leader of those four guys she had seen.

Abigail's first thought was that she had seen someone who looked like that before. Then, it clicked. He was that person.

Uh-oh, I'd better be careful, she told herself mentally.

"Um, may I have my backpack back, please?" she asked.

"Oh, sure," the guy replied.

His voice was deep and very soulful. He held out her backpack, and she took it.

"By the way," he said, "your CD collection is one of the best I've ever seen."

"My CD collection? How did you-?"
© Copyright 2010 RiverPhoenixFan35 (rivercourse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1708847-Love-In-a-Video-Store---Chapter-One