*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1708977-Miss-Desiree
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Adult · #1708977
This is the beginning of a possible short story or novel.
The first snow had fallen. I watched each flake with disgust. Some say it’s beautiful. I see only mud and slush in the streets, black ice, and cars mangled together along-side the road.



        I sighed as I looked out the second floor window of my studio apartment. Another cold day in the city of the damned. I took a deep breath and threw on my p-coat and beanie, and prepared myself for another shitty day at a dead-end job. Unfortunately, because of the decline in the economy, I’m stuck filing endless papers and dealing with customer complaints all day.



        I pushed my way through the front door of JPR and Associates and began my daily routine. I brushed the snow off of my jacket and hung it on the coat rack. I shoved my hat into the right sleeve, just like my mother had me do when I was a kid. Without fail, someone today will knock my jacket to the floor. At least this way, I’ll know exactly where my hat is. I slumped my shoulders and drudgingly walked toward the coffee. Caffeine is my drug of choice.



        After downing three cups of black coffee, I finally made my way to my desk in the back corner of the office. Shit, I hate this job. My boss says I’m an exceptional worker though. How the fuck would he know? He talks to me twice a day.



        “Morning Will!” He always had that fake smile plastered on his face.



        “’Night Will!” Same smile. Oh yeah, did I mention my name’s William, not Will? Will just sounds so childish, like Willie. William sounds mature and important. It’s a good mask to wear.



        The day dragged on like normal. Two hours had gone by and I hadn’t even finished the paperwork on the first client yet. I am so going to get my ass fired. I just don’t feel like I should rush when I have nothing else to do for the rest of the day.



        I heard the front door open. “Miss Desiree!” my boss exclaimed. I could hear his fake smile from a mile away. I peaked around the corner of my cubby-hole to see who had just walked in. I didn’t know any Miss Desiree. Maybe it was a new client.



        When I saw the beauty that was talking to my boss, I almost creamed my pants. Miss Desiree had a radiance to her like a full moon on a starless night. Her hair was black as midnight, right before a storm, and her body was thin but strong. Her small supple breasts shone through a sheer black corset. Her legs went on for miles before they reached a short maroon-colored mini-skirt that would make any mother cover the eyes of her child.



        I watched her fluid movements with longing and lust. It seemed as if each movement was deliberately performed in a slow and seductive manner just for me. As she was leaving the office, I watched her ass sway back and forth. She turned to bid farewell to my boss. She glanced in my direction, and our eyes locked. Time seemed to stand still. Chills ran down my spine. My breath quickened. I licked my lips waiting for some sort of acknowledgement. Instead, she said, “Bye Harry!” and left the office. What the hell was I doing? I felt so strongly attracted to this woman. There was something in her eyes that burned into my soul. I felt connected and drawn to her.



        As the day went on, I found myself thinking constantly about the mysterious "Miss Desiree". Before I knew it, it was five o’clock. My daydreaming had paid off. Time to go home. I couldn’t believe the time had flown by so quickly. I strode to the closet and threw on my jacket and hat as quickly as I could. I was longing for a hot shower and a cold beer. Or maybe what I really needed was a cold shower. I walked hurriedly past my boss’ desk toward the front door.



        “William.” I could hear the annoyance in my boss’ voice. Wait a minute. He had called me William. Not Will? Fuck, I must be in some sort of trouble. Shit! Shit! I can’t afford to get fired. As I inched my way to my boss’ desk I racked my brain trying to figure out what I had done. Or what I didn’t do.



        “Miss Desiree left this for you.” My boss handed me an envelope and gave me a look from the corner of his eye. I knew he was curious, but I was even more curious. I had never even met Miss Desiree before today. Actually, I didn’t even meet her today. I just gawked at her the entire time she was in the office.



        I snatched the envelope out of his hands. It might have seemed rude, but at the moment I didn’t care. I said thanks and rushed home as fast as I could. I almost landed on my ass twice slipping on the icy sidewalk.



        I opened the envelope as soon as I walked into my apartment. I didn’t even bother taking off my winter gear. A strange scent was emitted as I drew the card from its resting place. I closed my eyes. The scent seemed to fill my body and my mind and made my knees weak and my heart thump. And I will never forget that smell. I felt dreary, like I had just gotten high and didn’t have any motivation, or want, to move. But yet at the same time, I wanted to run and fly and float through the night sky. My fingers slid inside the envelope and produced an invitation scrawled on thick, flesh colored paper.

© Copyright 2010 Enighdah (enighdah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1708977-Miss-Desiree