*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1708997-Starlight
by Ryan
Rated: ASR · Other · Other · #1708997
Brad has to stop obsessing with himself to get to notice others.
Brad strummed his guitar lightly thinking of what possibly went wrong. He played all of the cards right. Took her to dinner, talked about himself while they waited for their food to arrive. Then nothing. She ran out crying. Brad had been trying to call for the last couple of hours. This whole thing was beyond him. Then his phone rang. Brad scrambled for it knocking over a chair in the process. He looked at the caller ID on his Iphone and saw it was Melissa. So he took a deep breath and awnsered.

"Hello, Brad speaking" He asked calmly.

"Brad I have something to tell you" Melissa started...

"No I have something to tell you. I try so hard to make you happy and you just leave me in the middle of dinner with no reason, I try to call, I texted you, and I left a message" Brad ranted on.

...

"Are you done" Melissa replied. "Good thank you. I thought you might want to know why I left"

"Yes, I would like to know" Brad responded.

"Brad you may be extremely handsome, but all that is nothing once you get to know the Brad I know. You'e always talking about yourself. You fuss over your hair at every mirror. You! You! Brad, when was the last time you asked about me" She asked?!

"Umm, that's easy
© Copyright 2010 Ryan (arkangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1708997-Starlight