*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1709036-The-Falsehood-of-our-Reality
Rated: E · Article · Experience · #1709036
rented, falsehood
Now I am far from ignorant in the matter of entertainment and real life. However I recently had the opportunity to experience the entertainment industry from the inside. I can honestly say I was not impressed by the unadulterated foolishness surrounding me. It amazed me to see all the false actions of so many people. Not to mention the lack of actual promotion and creativity that would enhance the exposure of the product at hand.

As I walk into this ballroom setting, I see rental signs everywhere. D.J. rented, hall rented, hot chicks rented, (ice) rented, cars rented and celebrity status rented. And after all of the pictures and video footage, after being edited of course, will be a product of a false hood our children will eat up like sugary cereal on a Saturday morning.

Our youth look up to entertainers as role models. Who takes the time to teach our young people that there is a lot of work behind the music? There is a lot of learning that should take place, and there is talent needed. Where is the dignity and pride of being good at your craft and your profession? No more is the day of the product being good enough to sell itself. Now is the time of instant entertainers by way of enhanced talent, and rented material showpieces. What does this say about the actual artist? To me it says “I don’t have enough faith in my talent so I am going to sell dreams.”

Everything is not as it seems. If you want to know someone’s reality you have to look deeper than what you see on the outside. Dig deeper, research the background, learn the history, invest time into what it is you want to know. Then and only then will you see the true reality of what is real
© Copyright 2010 Journey (journeys2me at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1709036-The-Falsehood-of-our-Reality