*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1709418-Forlorn-Hope
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1709418
Citizens of a town wake up to find they are trapped inside their city.
         "The food is almost gone" I sighed as I rummaged through the empty cupboards.

         "The stores have all been looted Tobias" Said my fiancee Kira. "Besides anything refrigerated would be no good after two weeks without power"
I carefully closed the cupboard door as the candle flickered behind me. Playfully, I slammed the last two cans of food on the table with a cheesy grin only late night game show hosts could muster in this situation.

         "Well my darling for our romantic candle lit dinner tonight, we have asparagus and green beans!" I chuckled quietly making a small smile.

         "You know I freaking hate asparagus" Whined Kira as she swiped the dented can of green beans away from me. We quickly downed our meal and went to bed knowing we would have to leave the relative safety of our home in the morning.
© Copyright 2010 UnknownArtist (unknownartist at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1709418-Forlorn-Hope