*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1709579-Beyond-the-Window-Pane
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1709579
My moment of epiphany :)
A lot of scrapped ideas and cancellations later, I've come down to this. As I'm looking out, my window isn't giving me a clear view. I can hear the happenings outside. I can hear the rumbling of an engine and the croaking of crickets in the dead silence of the night. The sounds are so distinct but there is still no clear view.

As I keep looking and straining, I have finally realized that maybe this window and the haze are my life, well, symbolically. Even in the darkness and silence, there is still come clarity. There may not be bright light, but there are tiny stars. The sounds of the engine and crickets will go on through the night. Maybe they'll become softer and slowly fade. Even among all this stillness, there is so much frenzy. It never stops. It only rests for a bit. So after a lot of introspection and many mistakes made, my window is telling me that I probably need to open it.
© Copyright 2010 BreathingWords (rishikam at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1709579-Beyond-the-Window-Pane