*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1709814-Life---Draft
Rated: E · Short Story · Writing · #1709814
A draft of a short story that i want to develop. Any ideas on how i should continue it?
The curtains lean on the sofa allowing rays of light to fill the room. Through a small gap where the two curtains on either side of the window meet, the man’s eyes lay fixated on the harsh surface of the gravel outside. The vibrant green leaves against the rich dark soil sets the scene. Tiny flower buds begin to peer out into their new world and just by watching the surroundings the aroma of spring fills his nostrils. Yet from behind the glass wall of the window, all is quiet, still and colourless.

He sits there not allowing thought to contend. He lay still allowing for the feel of his blood pumping through each and every part of his body. His nostrils widen to allow a rush of air, his lungs fill to full capacity. But he cannot take anymore. His lungs quickly deflate and his eyes begin to fill with grief.
© Copyright 2010 Melanie (m.starling at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1709814-Life---Draft