*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1710992-Issac-chapter-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Ian
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1710992
Chapter 3. Issac is in trouble, but all he does is get in more trouble.
         I felt a hundred different minds in pain at once. They could all feel my pain and it was being amplified in their own minds. I could hear their thoughts, and I knew that it was every psychic in the surrounding area. Most of them were at headquarters, but there were a couple in different places. Then I felt something new. One of the minds was probing me. I zeroed in on his mind. I felt the other psychics slip away. As I focused, the other psychic did the same. We were both battling to get inside the other’s mind. I didn’t know why I wanted to do this, but it kept me from putting other people in pain. We went on like this for almost a minute. The other psychic was very strong, but I felt him weakening. I felt his defense crack and pushed even harder. I couldn’t even feel any of the other psychic s minds now. I felt him giving more and more ground in our mental battle. I felt his exhaustion and could catch parts of his thoughts, but nothing coherent enough to figure out what was he was thinking. I felt him break and his mind open up.

         Right then I jumped somewhere else. I could see a room with 3 people in it. I heard the one nearest the door talk, it was Vanessa.

         “He is in the middle of an episode, we need to find him,” she said.

         “That is exactly what I’m trying to do. I want to capture him,”

said the man in a uniform.

         “Not capture, we need to persuade him to return. Did you read the reports about him and his history?” Vanessa asked.

         “Yes. That is why we need to capture him. He is ruthless and very strong.” The uniformed man said. He most be a General.

         “He isn’t ruthless, no one can control themselves during an episode. He could do serious damage if he is felt threatened.”

         “How bad is an episode really?” the General asked, skeptically.

         The person sitting down spoke. It was Calvin, and he sounded more serious the I thought was possible for him. “They are the worse thing in the world. When you go into one you lose all control and will almost certainly hurt the one most precious too you.” He stood and walked right up to the General. He stood inches away from him and continued, “You want to destroy and when you finally give in, there is no stopping you. It is possible to stop an army, but at the same time you would kill your own army. You leave a wake of destruction and that is if your lucky.” as he said this his voice was serious and frightening. The General actually took a step back and was shaking slightly.

         “It can’t be that bad,” he said.

         “The worst part is that it is all pressed into your memory that you can never forget what you did, even for a second. It’s in the back of your mind, when your not thinking about it. Would you want your worst memories always there? If we try to use force against him, he will retaliate, and he won’t be able to stop himself.” Calvin said, and I could hear his own sorrow, but to the General he just sounded scary.

         “Is it really that bad?” Vanessa asked, I could tell she was thinking about me.

         “Yes.” Calvin said.

         The General had gotten his composure back and was thinking. “How do we know he is having an episode?”

         “He disappeared right in front of me.”

         “But you have a personal connection to him you might be lying to save him.”

         “Didn’t every psychic in this building in pain just a moment ago? Didn’t they all say they felt someone else in their head.? Is that not proof enough.”

         “I can’t authorize to take him in peacefully. He is too dangerous from what you have told me.”

         “What will you do if this cause your own men to die?” Calvin asked.

         The General didn’t know what to do, but he hadn’t thought of this yet. He left without answering.

         Calvin started to leave to, but Vanessa grabbed his arm. “When did you do the studies to learn all of that?” She asked. He looked at her and opened his mouth, but my mind pulled me out again. It seemed that it worked with my anxiety for something. My own mind was messing with me, but this time I was in my body. I got up slowly and there was a man staring at me.

         “Are you okay?” he asked.

         “Yeah,” I said as I walked a way. I walked out from under the bridge and realized I had teleported into the city. I kept walking. I didn’t have plan, but I knew that I had to keep moving. I walked to the center of the city and turned to go to the north side of it. A police car pulled up next to me. I kept walking, pretending I hadn’t noticed it. A police got out of the car and caught up to me.

         “Are you lost?” he asked.

         I look at myself in a shop’s window. My clothes were pretty torn up and I looked worn out, which I was. They most think I ran away.

         “No,” I said. I needed to keep this short. I looked for a way to escape, but there wasn’t anyway I could get away.

         “Where are you going?” he asked. The police car was following close behind.

         “Away from you.”

         “Stop and I can help you.” he said. I got ready to run for it, but his hand was already on my shoulder. I tried to keep walking, but I couldn’t get away. He tightened his grip so his fingers were digging into my shoulder. As soon as I felt the pain, I felt my power prepare to go. He opened his mouth to say something, but I pushed him across the street and onto the sidewalk onto the other side. I popped the cars tire and make a break for down an alley. I took one glance back. I couldn’t control my powers at all. I had pushed the officer too hard and he had hit the other building pretty hard. Luckily I didn’t flip the car too. It went pretty high on the one side, but it still slammed back down. The suspension would be shot, but the officer inside would be okay.

         I knew that soon they would be onto me. I had to get somewhere safe, I had walked almost made it to the other side of the alley when 3 soldiers came around the corner. 1 of them pointed at me and they were running at me. I turned and ran back the way I came. I turned and went down another alley. It was a dead end. I saw a door and went to open it. It flung open and I nearly fell inside.. There was a soldier standing in the door way with his gun in my face. I slammed the door shut with my mind. I nearly blew it off it’s hinges, I knew that I couldn‘t use my powers against anyone now. I had to keep my promise of not killing anyone. I got up and  ran to the dead end. Nothing else to do but wait now. The door opened and he stepped. He had his  gun pointed at me again. Something flew from the doorway into his neck. He fell over and Vanessa looked out the doorway. She was looked both ways and was about to step out, but then the other soldier came.

         “Stay there. We will handle this,” one of them ordered.

         “Don’t do anything,” Vanessa cried out. Too late. They had already shot, twice. I saw each of the tranquilizer darts fly through the air. At least they didn’t want to kill me. I closed my eyes and waited, but before they could hit me my eyes opened on their own. I stopped the darts and turned them around. I had completely lost control. I felt myself crying, but there was nothing I could do. The darts turned and I shot them back. Vanessa jumped in front of the darts. The darts missed everyone, it was the last thing I could do. Vanessa started to talk, but I just pushed her into the wall. She was out cold.

         The soldiers all had their guns pointed at me. They shot again. I pushed the darts into the wall. Then I did the second kind of push, instead of pushing on their bodies, I compressed the air in front of them and pushed that at them. It lifted them of their feat and threw them against the wall in the alley. My body walked towards Vanessa and I put my hand over her heart. I screamed “NO” in my head, but my body wasn’t going to listen. The tears were streaming down my face. Please not again, but I still felt myself concentrate. Then I was pushed down the alley and against the dead end. I looked at who had done it. Calvin was standing at the other end of the alley.

         He looked at me as I got up, I still wasn’t under control. I could feel the walls shake as I built up my energy. I was staring Calvin down, but he looked calm. His hair lifted a bit and then fell. He felt completely different now. I could tell he was staring right at me. Then ripped apart the wall behind me and shot chunks of it at him. He pushed the away or dodged them. He was stood there waiting for me to do something else. I ripped up pieces off the walls on either side of me and shot them at him. He did the same thing again, but this time I pushed him at the end, he was caught off guard and flew down the alley. He spun in midair and managed to land on his feat. He was right next to the soldiers now. He got up and ran at me. I kept shooting things at him, but he dodged everything. He was right in front of me. I put my hand up, I was going to rip his organs up, he wouldn’t live a week if this worked. I went to do it, but he wasn’t there. I felt something stab into my neck and I turned my head. He was behind me. He had taken one of the tranquilizer darts when I pushed him next to them. This had all been his plan. Then I passed out.

© Copyright 2010 Ian (eltessa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1710992-Issac-chapter-3