*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711219-The-Peace-Slug
by Rita
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1711219
A very short story of how a small mollusk changes the world forever.
         Once upon a time, the world was full of chaos and war. The only thing that anyone ever agreed on was that they always had to disagree (which of course created a bit of a paradox.) There was constant fighting, stabbing, cutting-off-limbs and pushing-each-other-off-of-cliffs, and even the little children would host "yo' mamma's so fat" contests where everyone lost. The entire world was in pandemonium, but no one realized it because they were too busy setting their neighbor's bushes on fire.
         One day, at the battlefield of Landville and Town City, two of the people fighting stopped for a moment. They crouched low to the ground and stared at something slimy and whitish that seemed to be moving. Crawling innocently along the top of a clover was a tiny slug. The enemies watched it go along the clover tops and up and down the blades of grass, trying to get somewhere.
         "Hey guys," called the warrior from Landville. "Come look at this!"
         "Yeah," said the one from Town City, "check it out!!!"
         Everyone stared at them in a weird way, but they all dropped their swords and rushed to their sides.
         "Look," said the warrior from Town City, pointing to the small mollusk on the foliage.
         "What is it?!?!" said one of the other fighters rather gruffly.
         "It's a slug!" said the warrior from Landville.
         Several "awww"s escalated from the crowd as the slug dragged a blade of grass down from his weight. It stopped at the noise, and the slug's little eye stalks squished towards the rest of his body. Everyone was immediately quiet so as not to scare their little invertebrate friend. It cautiously started to move again, and continued onward towards it's destination. A little bit of slime stayed behind and strung itself across two blades of grass.
         For several minutes, they simply watched the tiny slug crawl across the battlefield, and they began to realize how silly it was to be fighting anyway. The little mollusk was named "The Peace Slug", and everyone decided to go get some ice cream at the nearby Dairy Queen.
         Their cheerful and un-hostile dispositions confused the workers at Dairy Queen,  and the workers became more cheerful as well. All the people they served that day picked up on the happy vibes, and soon the whole world decided to stop fighting with each other.
         All thanks to a little white mollusk named "The Peace Slug".
© Copyright 2010 Rita (radius at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711219-The-Peace-Slug