*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711654-Through-Cats-Eyes
Rated: E · Other · Animal · #1711654
My life with a cat addicted husband and his cats
The change happened gradually, the shift was so slow I didn't see what was happening.
When all of a sudden there is my husband with 30 cats. Yes, all named.
Our matriarch Momma - age unknown- solid black with beautiful green eyes.
She was untouchable as a kitten - now she runs the porch. Momma determines punishment, she decides fair play.
The leader of the pride - Lope Ear - he is the main tom
Age- unknown - He is a gold and white - mostly blind and both ears all most torn off.
Big tough guy, he is remarkable with kittens, extremely gentle. He will give up his food for any fur face that prefers his plate.
That began the journey into a cat kingdom. The only attention I can pay to the pride is to pay the feed bill. This has topped $100 a week. They see me as the hunter, when I pull into the driveway. They know the food is in my car, they also know I will not take the food from the car to the house. The fur faces seem to understand I'm not real happy about playing second fiddle to his animal attraction. Enabling the husbands addiction.
However if I do not go to the store for the cheapest food I can find, the husband will go to the closest convenience store and buy their expensive offering. This includes cans of tuna if available. With no regard for our bank account.
The husbands indoor cats - thank goodness there are only two left and one is aging at 15 years. Are certainly treat far better then I could ever hope to be treated, he even calls them by their names. I've only heard him mention my name once. I know this as I always listen for my name, it's never called.
The love and coddling showered upon them is amazing hard to watch, I wonder where the love for me went.
Life as I knew it has been taken away from me, I no longer have clean house, fresh smelling home, there are no plants or flowers inside or outside. All destroyed by fur faces.
I'm not bitter, I need a place to live.
© Copyright 2010 emeraldeyes40000 (sharonregan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711654-Through-Cats-Eyes