*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711681-My-hot-and-steamy-love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Draft · Comedy · #1711681
I wrote this in high school and would like help editing it and making it more interesting.
It was the best of time, and it was the worst of times. I had just fallen in love for the very first time; I had straight As; I had everything in order to move out of my parents’ house.  What could possibly be missing from my life?  I didn't think it was possible that I could be missing anything. I was under the impression that I had the perfect life, well as perfect as life can get.  Oh boy, was I about to find out that I was wrong.
         
It was the 4 of March 2009.  It was just another cold winter day in Smalltown, Ohio.  I woke up late, as was normal.  I almost missed the bus, again, normal. I really could not see how this would be anything other than a perfectly normal day.  Once I finally made it to school after a twenty minute bus ride I went about my day as usual.  I saw the same friends.  I showed up late to the same classes.  I was unprepared for the tests.  Still, this day was normal. I made it through three classes and nothing was strange at all.
         
The time was fifteen minutes after ten, time for lunch. My stomach started to growl; I hadn't eaten all day.  I hurried toward the lunchroom.  As I was about to turn the corner and step into the final hall before to the lunchroom, I was stopped by a group of friends.  Oh no!  If I did not hurry there would be a line by the time I got to lunch.  Trying to be polite, I hung around.  We chitchatted about pointless things for a little while before I couldn't take the hunger anymore.  I politely excused myself from the conversation and finished my journey to the cafeteria.
         
When I walked into the wonderful smelling room I could instantly tell that I had made a mistake by talking to my friends.  The room was very crowed and there was a very long line. There was no way I could wait in line and still have time to eat my lunch. What could I do? I was so hungry. There was no way I could just not eat. I had to do something. I looked around the room trying to think of something.  My eyes stopped at the door at the corner of the room. Yes! The vending room! There is almost never a line in there.  I hurried to the small room before anyone else could get the same idea.  I entered the small room.  There were six vending machines, two microwaves, an ATM and several people.  I hurried to look into all of the machines to pick out what I wanted.  I had waist enough time for one day.  I looked in a few of the machines but nothing stuck out.  I didn't know what I wanted.  Finally I looked into the machine with frozen food.
         
From this moment forward my life would never be the same. I stood there staring at the machine.  I decide to try a hot pocket.  I had never had one before.  It shouldn't be too bad.  I first hit the "c" button.  Next, I hit the "6" button.  Down fell my beef and cheese hot pocket.  I pulled the frozen food out from the slot that it fell to.  I held it in my hand and walked to the line for the microwave.  As I waited in line I read the instructions for making my lunch.  I then proceeded to open the wrapper and wait some more.  I waited for what seemed like an eternity before it was finally my turn to use the microwave. I stepped up to it and put my hot pocket in. I started it for one minute.  After I waited for that whole minute I pulled it out and felt it, it was still a little cold.  I shoved it back in the microwave, anxious for my lunch to be warm so I could eat it.  I turned the microwave on for another forty-five seconds.  This time when I checked it, it was warm.  Finally!

I hurried to the back of the room to the table where I sat everyday with three of my friends.  I sat down and came to the sudden realization, I didn't have a fork.  I hurried back to the front of the room; I was cutting it close on time. My next class was about to start and I hadn't even begun to eat yet.  I got the fork and rushed back to my seat swerving around the many people standing between my self and the end of my hunger.  Finally, I sat down and began to eat.  This moment was one that I will never forget.  I sunk my teeth into the steaming hot pocket.  It was amazing! I felt all of the heavenly juices hit my mouth and I instantly knew that I had never tasted anything like this before.  How had I gone seventeen entire years without having even tried the best culinary creation known to man?  I took my sweet time enjoying every last bite of my new found love.

I was several minutes late to my next class. My english teacher was furious at first. Then I reasoned with her, I would write her a paper about why I was late as long as she did not reserve a seat for me in detention. She agreed to my terms, as long as I provided her with decent piece of work.

After school on that same day, I had my mother rush me to the store.  I bought an entire box of hot pockets, for inspiration of course.  I got to work right away, trying to show just a fraction of how amazing and surprising that day had been. Even though nothing else that I had counted on worked out, I still have my hot pockets to count on.
© Copyright 2010 EternallyConfused (krissy0991 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711681-My-hot-and-steamy-love