*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711922-A-gun-pointing-at-my-head
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1711922
The way I feel/felt, about this one very special person, whom I love more then anything.
Even with you holding a gun to my head, there are some things that will never change, and a lot of things that will never be said, because you never got to know the real me. So... Are you going to pull the trigger? I'm not scared.

I've been here before, but never like this. It was the greatest thing in the world, and knowing that it happened means I can die a happy person. So I feel nothing now, at least not that I show, that you can see.

I hold my head up high, smiling inside, knowing that everything will be ok. No emotion on my face, no laughter in my tone, no expressions from my heart. I stand there waiting.

The question is are you going to pull the trigger? Are you going to end the one thing on this planet that is the hardest thing to find, and the easiest thing to keep? Do you really have the guts?

I ponder the look in your eyes, the missed chance, the look on your face, the detail of your lips, the beautiful skin that surrounds a soul that was meant to be with me, a life force full of energy.

I call out in my head, a call out to you, wondering if you can hear my thoughts. Can you read my mind? Will you let me read your soul and your heart. Will you let me unlock the door. Will you give me a chance.

I hold steady as you push the gun tighter to my skull, I fear no evil, but I fear living without you, I fear for my life knowing that the one, that special one, is gone.

I look into your eyes, the most beautiful eyes in the world, and I close mine, not knowing, not caring anymore, only knowing that I might never see you, or have you in my arms, or kiss you.

I listen, I really listen to the world with my eyes closed. Hearing the wind pass by the trees, a bird calling in the distance for it's one love to be. A baby bird calling for company, alone in a nest.

I hear your heartbeat, I hear mine also, both beating in harmony to each other, like music made in heaven, a matched pair of words, and melody combined into one.

I say nothing, I have no more to say, words mean nothing now, feelings hidden, emotions locked behind a wall, that only you can make falter and collapse in upon itself.

I say goodbye in my head, no words out loud, nothing spoken, but I know you heard me. I know you can feel me inside your heart, I can tell by the beat that makes it tick.

I am alone, I am beaten, but I am not scared. I stand tall, knowing that what I felt for you was like never before, never has anyone come into my heart this far, and never will again......

Would you pull the trigger? Could You?..... I hear the gun click.......If only I could say your name, and say "I Lo "
© Copyright 2010 lost_hope (lost_hope at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711922-A-gun-pointing-at-my-head