*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1712403-No-Its-Not-You-And-I
by Silas
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1712403
In an aeroplane high above the place you finally left behind. And it's not you and I.
When anger beats out sadness, and bravery beats out anger. When memories made beat bravery, then nothing in the world can beat good memories made. That's when reality sets in, and you go to bed in tears over something so simplistic. First they're tears of sadness, but eventually sadness will wear away to blame. And what is blame if not hatred? And in the whole of the world, there is nothing worse than bitter tears.

To find yourself in a place where nothing seems too dull, where everything shines, you find yourself at home. There's that saying 'home is where the heart is'. And when you're old you see it as such, but youth brings you to see it differently, because when you're young, anything is possible, and you suddenly realize that home is not a fixed place until you name it as such. No one can tell you where your home is, you have to find it yourself, and make it your own. And they say 'you can never go home' but the truth is that you can never leave it, unless you leave the people you love and never love again.

The most simple of questions are often the most profound. Where were you born? Where is your home? Where are you going? What are you doing? My birth began when I found home, and realized that I need not go anywhere, or do anything more than be with those I love, because my home is not a place, it is people.

I could sit in this house for hours, but not until they're back from work, is this house a home of happiness, with these people I love in tow. Home can catch you by surprise, when you hear a sneeze, a laugh, or catch a smile from another, that could be when your heart tells you you're home right now. And that's when you know that it will hurt to leave, but now you know how to build a home. And you know it takes no extra skill, no labour, because a house is built with your hands, but a home is built with your heart. So I suppose in the end, young or old, home IS where the heart is, you just have to know not to set up boundaries as to where home can be. Live life for yourself, set your own boundaries, and DREAM. Because dreaming is not merely an act of communication, but a game of the imagination. If dreams were not beautiful, they would quickly be forgotten. You have to keep your dreams in your memory, because nothing beats out memories made. Not even bitter teardrops.
© Copyright 2010 Silas (pezik1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1712403-No-Its-Not-You-And-I