*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1712564-Peace-for-Humanity
by Marri
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #1712564
The article deals with ways of promoting peace.It discusses the importance of education
"Peace cannot be kept by force" - Albert Einstein



          I have just completed reading "Three Cups of Tea" (Young Readers' Edition) by Greg Mortenson. This book has completely revolutionized my thoughts. Greg Mortenson with bullets going just over his head, but even in these circumstances he continues his work for promoting peace with books. He is indeed a great source of inspiration for me. His slogan has a very important message in it which, I believe, is not controversial to anyone's beliefs.

        The humans have developed a lot in the field of science and technology. But sadly, now their own creations/inventions are a threat to their survival. World developing disastrous weapons, spending a vast amount of money on such non-productive sectors would only lead the humans to a dreadful disaster. It is a cycle which can never end, a man kills another man and in turn he gets killed by someone else. Is this the fate of humanity going to be? Is it our future? A gloomy and cheerless future. Humans fetching for peace, justice and humanity on Earth. Are we leading towards the end of human race by bombs, tanks, fighter plans and guns?

      The solution to this is pretty clear and simple but it may be hard to achieve. That solution is "Education". Imagine our books carrying the message of peace, love, respect, tolerance and cooperation ! Promoting peace on mother Earth is not an impossible job, in fact it is an achievable target. Bringing people together, cultural understanding and education are the best ways to achieve it.

      Bringing People Together - misperceptions and misunderstandings between nations and people can only be removed when they meet one another and discuss the matters tolerably. It will improve their relations and they will work cooperatively.

    Cultural Understanding - When the people come closer and observe one another's culture, it would create a good sense of friendship because of awareness of culture and traditions.

      Above all, "Education" is the key solution of bringing peace. It is the best and easiest source for spreading the message of love, peace and respect. Each literate person is like a building block of peace. Peace cannot be achieved if these building blocks are not complete or strong.

    We have a lot in common. Our largest commonality is that we all are human beings. This commonality can unite us under one tree and enable all of us to work for same sacred cause "Peace". Common things bring us closer and towards understanding whereas differences keep us apart and spread hatred. So, for the sake of humanity and safety of men, we should come to the common things which lead us towards a positive conclusion. Our religions teach us same things i.e. peace, love and respect for humanity.

  War is destructive and Peace is constructive, it is upto the human race whether they choose peace or prefer war. But I'm confident that if we work for peace and spread a message of love, respect and understanding, we can bring a change, a positive change. Imagine the Earth when every child would sing poems for peace and love, every individual would work for humanity, every government would care for poor, every religion would teach respect and love ! Isn't it a good choice to promote peace with books? Isn't it the best way to promote peace with cultural understanding and respect?



"May peace upon you"
© Copyright 2010 Marri (marribaloch128 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1712564-Peace-for-Humanity