*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1712820-Forever
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1712820
I wrote this thinking "Can something really last forever?"
“Quinn, what’s forever?” Ella asked looking at me with those big innocent brown eyes. I didn’t know exactly what to say. It is not the average question that a 6 year old asks. I sighed and answered “It means that it never ends” She looked at the floor, and said “That’s what Hector said…” I interrupted “If he told you then why did you ask?” she look at the road straight ahead of us and said “ But forever doesn't exist. If everyday ends then how can something stay?” Ella is not your average 5 year old. She is not good at math and science but she’s good at things beyond that. “ Ella let’s not talk about this okay?” She still went on “The teachers are always telling us about peace when if we want peace to exist we have to either end things or leave them running.” I don’t like talking to Ella because it makes me think about things that are beyond logical. I’m a very logical chick. “ Um…” I hesitated. What can I respond to really shut her up about this? How can I satisfy her? I suddenly thought something. “Don’t you think that if we try to make things last forever we will end up hurting ourselves?” Why am I talking like this to a 6 year old girl? How can she understand this subject? She shut up for some time. I thought she was done but out of nowhere she blurted. “I think contradictions keep us alive, the desire to keep on going yet the ability to accept closure. Even if too long seems like chaos too short is going to end us but in a less meaningful matter. I think if we all stopped picking sides peace would finally exist.” Ella oh Ella, how much you confuse me with your big words and big thoughts. I believe she should skip grade school, middle school and high school and just go to college. If only she was good at math. I hugged her and we just kept walking home.
© Copyright 2010 Tayraness (imagine17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1712820-Forever