*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1713396-Mystical-Creature-Pact
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1713396
The rules of the game
What is the Mystical Creatures Pact?


The Mystical Creatures Pact is the joint agreement between all semimortal/immortal/magical creatures—not limited to but including: ghosts, demons, angels, leprechauns, goblins, giants, centaurs, elves, trolls, fairies, telepathics, telekinetics, psychics, dragons, vampires, werewolves, sea monsters, and hydrophiles—and mortals/humans—which also includes hybrid humans, which have magical-like qualities. These 16 different groups of mystical creatures must have a representative on the Council of the League of Mystical Creatures at all times, a Pact agreement. (The Council is the intermortal regime which heads the League of Mystical Creatures and keeps updated contact with national governments and groups, such as the UN.)

When mortals began inhabiting the earth, all mystical creatures—and those that emerged thereafter—were forced to sign the Mystical Creatures Pact, which was created for the safety of all humans and keep any threat away. It is a living document that can still be changed and updated as needed because the nature of mortals and immortals evolve. Some mystical creatures, however, have not signed the Mystical Creatures Pact because they are either unaware of its existence or refuse to submit. That is why the League was created. The League is essentially an intermortal database with the names, addresses, types, etc. of all mystical creatures ever born/created. Under the League, mystical creatures are taught to hone their powers/gifts/skills, to prevent any harm/damage coming to humans, and to round up all mystical creatures in violation of the Pact. Since its birth, the Mystical Creatures Pact has jurisdiction to prosecute any creatures that violate it, whether they are aware of it or not. This is, again, for the safety of humans/mortals.

The League is therefore comprised of three things: The School for Mystical Creatures, The Division of Justice, and The League Legion. The School for Mystical Creatures, obviously, exists to teach young and old mystical creatures how to hone/control their powers/gifts/skills. The Division of Justice exists to punish those in violation of the Pact. The League Legion is divided into small squads, ranging from 4 to 10 mystical creatures, which are sent out to round up those in violation, to prevent any harm/damage to humans, and to keep the uneasy peace between the mortals and mystical creatures.

The Mystical Creatures Pact


Article I:
A representative from each group of mystical creatures must come forward to form a regime independent of all human regimes and all other mystical creature regimes. The group formed shall be named the Council of the League of Mystical Creatures. The Council shall be the head of the League of Mystical Creatures. The Council must have a Head. He/she must master all areas of magic and have complete control of their powers/gifts/skills. They must monitor all mystical activity. He/she must teach all humans in the human government group and be a mortal him-/herself.

Article II:
All mystical creatures’ personal information shall be complied into a single database. This database shall be named the League of Mystical Creatures. The League of Mystical Creatures will serve the three major purposes of the Mystical Creatures Pact: to prevent any harm/damage to come to humans, to teach all mystical creatures to hone/control their powers/gifts/skills, and to punish all those who violate this Pact. Every mystical creature must strive to reach peace between them and humans unless banned from any human contact and vice versa. This is, above all, the most important aspect to the Pact. Any humans/mystical creatures in violation of this clause shall be punished according to ruling mortality.

Article III:
Humans shall be banned from the upper most regions of the North Pole, specified regions of tundra, and the interior of Greenland. These lands shall be devoted to mystical creatures we must share the earth with. All other mystical creatures capable of existing elsewhere are not allowed to permanently reside on earth but in the In-Between Place, or Cold Place, which includes but is not limited to ghosts, angels, and demons. Mystical creatures that cannot avoid harming/damaging humans/their psyches are restricted to these lands unless instructed or permitted to leave.

Article IV:
Specifically addressing all magical immortals strictly to reside in the In-Between Place: All ghosts, demons, and angels must first master their magic before intervening with human lives. Further learning may be continued as desired. All above listed creatures are not to reveal themselves to humans under any circumstances—unless it is a case of extreme conditions. When brought before the Division of Justice, the conditions may be shared and dealt with accordingly.

Article V:
Specifically addressing magical semortals strictly to reside in the specific lands set aside for mystical creatures: All leprechauns, goblins, centaurs, and fairies must first complete an education under their specific Council member before being allowed to join the League Legion. Until their education is complete, the above listed creatures are not allowed outside of the specified lands for any reason. Once their education is complete and should they join the League Legion, the above listed creatures are allowed outside of the specified lands—but only for squad missions. If they ever leave the specified regions, they are subject to the Division of Justice.

Article VI:
Specifically addressing magical mortals strictly to reside in the specific lands as well as other obscure and inhabitable lands: All giants, trolls, and sea monsters must first complete their education under their specific Council member before being allowed to join the League Legion or to live in said obscure and inhabitable lands. Should they wish to join the League Legion, they are not allowed outside of the specified regions. If they ever leave the specified regions, they are subject to the Division of Justice.

Article VII:
Specifically addressing magical semortals allowed outside of the specific regions at any time and for any purpose within reason: All elves, psychics, werewolves, and hydrophiles are not subject to a League education under their Council member due to their human-like appearance. More on this subject appears in the article concerning the Reach Out Program. Elves and werewolves, however, are subject to a position in the Division of Justice or as a squad member in the League Legion. Elves and werewolves are not allowed to openly live among humans. Psychics and hydrophiles can either live among humans or be subject to positions in the Division of Justice or the League Legion. As for any mystical creature in violation of the Mystical Creatures Pact, the above listed creatures may be punished as the Division of Justice deems appropriate.

Article VIII:
Specifically addressing nonmagical semortals allowed outside of the specific regions only after completing their education under their Council member: All telepathics and telekinetics are subject to an education before being allowed out of the specified regions. Once they have completed their education, they are allowed to live among humans due to their human-like appearance. They may either join the Division of Justice, the League Legion, or the Reach Out Program. Due to their rarity they are not forced to join any League group or programs. As for any mystical creature in violation of the Mystical Creatures Pact, the above listed creatures may be punished as the Division of Justice deems appropriate.

Article IX:
Specifically addressing magical immortals strictly prohibited from living among humans: All vampires—of any type—must complete their education under their Council member before joining the Division of Justice or League Legion. Due to their immortal needs, vampires are allowed outside of the specified regions only on the day of a full moon, considering their feeding cycle. They are not eligible for the Reach Out Program or living freely among humans—under any circumstances. Should the above listed creature violate the Mystical Creatures Pact, the Division of Justice may punish them accordingly.

Article X:
Specifically addressing magical immortals allowed outside of the specific regions but at their own risks: All dragons are allowed to live openly or in hiding among humans. They are not subject to an education under their Council member. Those who have the ability to take on a human-like appearance may be eligible for the Reach Out Program. All are allowed to join the Division of Justice or the League Legion.

Article XI:
In order to further the peace movement between mystical creatures and humans, a program entitled the Reach Out Program shall be established. It shall be an opportunity for all human-like mystical creatures to live openly among humans—but at their own risks. Should they violate the Mystical Creatures Pact, the Division of Justice may punish them accordingly. NOTE: All of the mystical creatures eligible for acceptance will not exist in human databases until joining the Reach Out Program.

Article XII:
Should any human discover the Mystical Creatures Pact, the Council of the League of Mystical Creatures, the League of Mystical Creatures, and/or any of the mystical creatures, the human government group corresponding accordingly will deal with the situation as needed. If there is a threat, the human may have his/her memory wiped or be killed. If there is no threat, the human may be allowed to live among other humans and to keep their knowledge.
         Should any human desire to become immortal/semortal or their life depends on it, the Council shall convene and discuss the situation. Any magical immortal creatures prohibited from living on earth shall be allowed to use the mindsertion/transformation spell—but at both the mystical creature’s and the human’s risks.
         Should any hybrid human threaten any of the intermortal establishments or any mystical creature, he/she may be killed or have their memory wiped. Should their heightened senses cause any problems, the human may be dealt with accordingly by the human government group. None of the intermortal establishments may interfere unless the hybrid human knows of their existence. These situations shall be dealt with by the Council only.

Article XIII:
There shall be a human government group that will work in cooperation with the Council. This group shall be independent of all national regimes and a subgroup of the League. It shall be considered the human equivalent to the League Legion. This human government group shall be named Mystical Special Forces. It shall be divided into squads similar to the League Legion. Each squad shall have their headquarters in each major city of the world. The human squad members are not allowed on specified mystical lands unless under order of the Council. The humans chosen for this program shall be taught under the Head of the Council—as he/she is overall responsible for all mystical activity and has controlled powers in all areas magical. Should the human squads violate the Pact, they are subject to the Division of Justice—as they are an extension of the League Legion and function as a League squad.
© Copyright 2010 Padawan Learner (mulanrage at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1713396-Mystical-Creature-Pact