*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1713533-The-evil
by Kare
Rated: 13+ · Other · Mystery · #1713533
This does not make any sense at all
I am awake. I do not really know where I am or begin to explain what I am doing there no matter how hard I try.

The ground I am lying on is soft and moist. I cannot really register what the smell stinging my nose is. It is very strong and burns me upto  my air passage. I open my eyes. It is dark all through, like a very dark night with no moon and no stars. I cannot see anything around me. I feel around. The ground seems to be even despite its softness. I cannot really establish my whereabouts.

I feel my legs which seem very fine. I try to stand up. This takes up a lot of my energy and I am almost breathless by the time I am up. I make a step to my right. Everything seems okay. I take a few more steps before I feel anything to give of a hint on where I am. Then I step on something  that feels like an animal. I gasp! Steadying my breathe, I reach down to feel my obstacle. Slowly my hand travels. I touch something slimy, like it is rotten. I feel even further and make out something like a bone. I think that maybe it is a decomposing human being. A HUMAN BEING! Now am really worried. This is very weird. I cannot really tell what is going on. I wish I could see what is going on around me. Amazingly, I can suddenly see around me.

It is not really light that came on. I could just see. Like night vision. Then i had this funny feeling. The feeling somewhat similar to the hunger that strikes when you smell some very good food. My hand shot out and grabbed a chunk of the rotting meat. Slowly it headed towards my mouth, like some reflex I was born with. Nothing could deter the urge, not the stench, not the awkward situation I was in. It felt like what I was supposed to do. To put that big chunk of meat into my mouth and eat like I was being paid to do it!  It felt like my destiny.

I put the meat in my mouth. It felt so right, so divine, like this was me, this was what I was meant to be. And it all came back to me. The transformation, the little hunt I went on and my prey. They were a couple of them, and this one lying down here was the last one remaining. I realised what I really was. I was the night. I was the hunter. I was the one everyone feared. The reason kids were afraid to go to sleep. I was the evil.                   
© Copyright 2010 Kare (shekaza at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1713533-The-evil