*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1713789-Good-Luck-Humans
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1713789
Humanity is on the brink of self destruction.
Pulling the Fabric of Reality around my shoulders, I stepped off the swirling fluff of the Palace of Clouds and let the winds of change tug me below the surface of the ocean of stars. As night turned to day, and day turned to night, I fell head over heels through time. As I neared my destination I could feel the usual stretching and contorting of my body that meant I was taking the shape of a human male. The black stripes of hair hanging from my head began to shed like animal fur, while the gold stripes spiraled around my head and shrank into my scalp, forming a passable human haircut. Two fingers on my longest arms fell off, soon followed by my shortest arms and my tail. My legs bent forward and my two smallest toes shriveled into nothing. My transparent skin started to gain some color, first turning pink, then tan, and finally paling into a strange mixture that was common in the human world. My neck shortened by several feet, and the Fabric stitched itself into a black shirt and white jacket. I suddenly found myself wearing black pants; a chain of steel links hung across my legs from my left pocket to my right. I landed gently on a platform of asphalt. A yellow line stretched from the jagged edge of the platform to the other side where it met an empty human highway. I only had two eyes now, so it took a moment to adjust to the new sites before me; a field of windswept grass touched the horizon in the east, where a small yellow star was peeking through a whispy cloud. The sky was a peculiar shade of blue, which clashed in the most amazing way with the green field before me. To the west I could discern the looming constructs that formed a city. The city was flanked by wide rivers of blue water (so strange, this world!) that snaked to the south out of my vision. Directly to the north I could see what I had come for; the final forest in the World of Humans. This forest would soon be gone, and with it Humanity would follow. They were a resourceful race, but something had infected their hearts and minds when they were still young. It made them do terrible things, but that could not be changed. Although the future was not set in stone, the past was, and there is no changing the past. However, with the right tools, the past can be used to manipulate the future. All I had to do was take a tree from the Forest of Humans and plant it in the Eternal Garden in the Palace of Clouds and it would become a Tree of Immortality. Then the world connected to that tree would not perish, but flourish instead. The humans would be given another chance on another planet, but this was attempt ninety nine. I consider myself a kind and fair judge, so I will never banish the Human race; I have seen too many good things come from them, and they do improve nearly every time. Good luck, humans.
© Copyright 2010 Owen Sael (xosx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1713789-Good-Luck-Humans