*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1713920-Kurosaki-Future-Ch-2
Rated: ASR · Other · Action/Adventure · #1713920
Karin and Yuzu have new life in the Soul Society. Ichigo is the 5th Squad Captain. Ch 2!
Karin awoke on a futon in a small room. She sat up quickly and a sharp pain went through her head. Karin grabbed her head and closed her eyes tight. She breathed heavily as she turned over and tried to get up. She stood for a few moments and fell onto her knees, which made her head ache even more. Karin began to lean forward but pushed her arms out to stop herself from falling on the ground. This resulted in pain around her right elbow and she fell anyway. She opened her mouth and took in a deep breath.
The dark haired tom boy tried to stand again before she laid on the futon, hot and tired. "I don't get why I'm hurting so much." She thought, "I'm…so tired…" She sighed and rolled onto her left side. Then, the crooked wooden door slid open and revealed a woman who looked to be around 60, Yuzu, and a young man.
The woman carried a tray of food and drinks and smiled at Karin. Yuzu rushed over to her sister, "Karin! Are you ok?"
Karin scowled, "Yeah, whatever. Who the heck are they?" The pair of strangers had sat down against the wall.
"Karin! Don't be rude, they're the ones who patched you up and put you in a bed!" Yuzu said. Karin finally noticed the bandages on her forehead, legs, and left arm. She blew her hair out of her face and looked away.
"Yes, but we're happy to help. I am Dena Geiyito," the old woman said. She held out a large bowl of rice and chicken to Karin. Yuzu helped her sit up and handed her some chopsticks.
But before Karin began to eat, she said, "I'm Karin, thanks." She glared in the man's direction, "Who're you?"
He looked at her darkly, "You can call me Rayo." Karin was unaffected and gave him the same look.
"So, Miss Karin, we know that you fought off two powerful hollows." Dena's smile was starting to freak Karin out.
"I wouldn't call those things powerful," Karin said, "I'm not that great, is all." She was being MODEST and this was freaking Yuzu out.
"Oh, but you are. Only those with high reiatsu can eat anything." Karin stared down into the empty bowl before her. "Your sister had her fill as well, though not as much as you. I'm thinking you two should join the Shinigami Academy," Dena told her.
"Shinigami wha-?" Karin asked stupidly. Dena laughed.
"The Shinigami Academy. It's the school where you train to be a Shinigami. You know what a Shinigami is, right? A Death God, protector of humans and souls?"
Karin waved a hand, "Yeah, I know what they are. I know a lot about them for some reason, actually. Zanpakuto, kido, konso…" Karin started listing what she knew of the Shinigami.
"Um, Miss Karin," Dena called. Karin stopped listing and turned to her. "Are you going to join the Academy?"
"Yeah, Karin! We should! We can get powers and protect souls and living things, too! Like all the nice people and animals here!" Yuzu cried. She was very enthusiastic.
"And Rayo will there, too. He's quite strong as well, you can train together. What do you say?"
Karin crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back with her eyes closed. She opened her eyes and grinned, "I think I will!"
© Copyright 2010 Mochiga (lilimochi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1713920-Kurosaki-Future-Ch-2