*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1713940-If-I-Ever-Met-A-Guy
Rated: E · Short Story · Biographical · #1713940
All about how I hate love,and the guy I wish existed.
I've never really thought of myself as the romantic type because while most girls my age are concerned about getting guys and texting guys and holding hands with guys,I'm more concerned with what I'm going to do with all my time while they're off with their boyfriends.I suppose the reason why I really don't want to date is because I can't think of a guy in my school who would like to discus 'The Raven' together or have coffee inside while it rains or mabye just tell me to stop worrying every once in a while.

Most of the guys in my school are the ones who try to make themselves seem tough by talking about porn or being disrespectful to women all the time.I never really understood this,but when I was a little kid I remember how the boys would pull our hair and how my mom and teacher said that it was only because they wanted to be our friend.I hope the same principle applies,because somehow I'm not ready to accept the fact that almost all the guys in my school are as shallow as they seem.

I'm getting tired of hearing about my best friend's boyfriend every time I get a chance to talk to her online and I suppose she's getting tired of hearing me complain about how lonley I am and how much coffee I had to drink to stay awake each day.It seems like the majority of facebook is either dark poetry wall posts or "happy-go-lucky love story song lyrics".Even though it would probably be easier to accept the fact that I will never be like my best friend who talks about love all the time,I sometimes wish that I could know what it feels like to have a crush on a guy.

If I ever make up my mind to get a boyfriend I don't want him to be like everyone else.If I ever get a boyfriend he has to have a dark and a light side and a side in between that he shows to everyone.If I ever get a boyfriend,I hope that we'll first meet at a place like a bus stop and end up talking about the music we're both listening to on our plain.grey ipods.I hope that after we're done discussing music we'll and up talking about somthing really deep like the meaning of life and never feel strange after a single thing we say or worry about sounding stupid.

I hope that my guy has deep brown hair and wears baggy jeans and a black jacket because I wear contradictions like that a lot.I hope that my guy doesn't text a lot or look at my body too much because that's what most of the guys do.Most of the things I want in my guy are what other girls want,but instead of a shoulder to cry on I want someone as tough as I am.I don't want a guy who is dark and mean and dresses like the group of goth kids that sit in the corner of the cafeteria at lunch,but I do want someone who is interested in hearing about my views and all the wonders about the world as I am.

If the guy I met leans toward deeper conversation then we'll end up talking about how we both hate the rushed,high fashion world we live in and how much pleasure can come by simply drinking a cup of strong tea in the morning as the sun rises.I hope the guy I met doesn't mind the fact that I don't own many fashionable clothes or that my favorite food is ramen noodles because I hope the guy I meet is the same way.If I ever find a guy that likes my writing and doesn't mind that my hands get sweaty sometimes when I hold hands, then perhaps we would end up meeting each other every once in a while and go bike riding together or somthing like that.

If I ever do meet a guy like that,then mabye I could get into dating.
But chances are,I'll probably never meet someone like that.
© Copyright 2010 AdelineRonelle (adeliner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1713940-If-I-Ever-Met-A-Guy