*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1714052-Three-Letters-to-the-Woman-I-Love
Rated: E · Poetry · Romance/Love · #1714052
Three poetic letters I wrote to a friend that I love.
From a Flower to the Sun

Much time has passed, since we first crossed paths, and from that day to present, I have found myself entranced. At times we have wavered because of our passion, which is fueled by an undying will to stay true to our thoughts. Neither you nor I can be brought to our knees because of our flaw; yet we find ourselves to be played by fate. Our lives are in constant crossing, but distractions keep us apart. Now things have changed, and I have become a prisoner of love. This love for you is like that of the flower to the sun. You allow me to stand tall and blossom. I may not be appealing as of now, but in time I hope to find your affection. If the sun would choose this flower, it will become everlasting in its grace, and the beauty of our bond will make us immortal, even after we part from this world.

Noble Intentions

As I empty my mind to free my thoughts, my lips reveal their truest intentions. Although I yearn to feel your warmth, I know we must keep a distance. I would not taint your honor for my own selfishness. I accept that our hands have yet to meet; since you have professed you love to another. Just having you present is all I would ask. Even at a distance, you are my muse. Now and forever my heart is yours. I will be the light when you need guidance, your conscience when there is trouble, and your pillow when tears are shed. With you as the source to my inspiration, chivalry is able to be seen in this era once again.

A Knight to the End

There are times when I cannot help, but wonder how we would fair. I try to put these thoughts out of my mind, and look to a future where I do not court you. When we look into each other's eyes, it is almost impossible to not see a future by your side. I will keep these thoughts silent, and not act upon them. I am a loyal friend above all else, and push aside my personal wants. If fate should see us together, the love you have for me came through your own desires. Although however unlikely it seems, I remain eternally yours, and these will be the last words written to you, which are from your knight in this dying world.
© Copyright 2010 A. G. Guillen (cubanboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1714052-Three-Letters-to-the-Woman-I-Love