*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1714376-Futuristic-speech
by Kelsey
Rated: E · Other · Career · #1714376
a speech on my future career using a false name.
Good morning Daytona State College High school students. I’ve been invited back to Daytona State to encourage you high school students to complete your studies. My name is Chelsea Freeze and I’m a twenty-eight year old air traffic controller for Orlando International Airport. I attended Daytona State College for my last two years of high school because I was struggling with conventional high school. I believe this program is a great opportunity for the unconventional student.
         I understand that most of you are required to attend or that this is your last resort. If you don’t do well in this program you will regret it for the rest of your life. Hopefully hearing me speak, a former Daytona State College Adult High schooler, it may motivate you by thinking “hey, if she did it why can’t I?” You young people can do anything you set your mind to. It doesn’t matter where you have been but it matters where you’re going and what you’re doing.
         Everyone has struggles in their lives. We just need to know how to handle them. Just by being in this program, you are taking a giant step instead of dropping out all together. If you drop out now you will never be productive in the world we live in today. You may think of giving up or quitting, but it’s not an option. In reality, we all work four years of our adolescence for a piece of paper that has a high amount of significance. High school is not only about learning academically, but it’s also about growing as a person.
In this program you are taught a great amount of independence. Being in this program prepares you for college more than conventional high school does. By going to Daytona State College for your high school education you get one foot in the door to college. At this point your life is in your own hands. No one can control your destiny besides you. This program exists for a reason. Everyone has been unmotivated and discouraged in their lives at least once. I encourage you to think about your college goals to keep you motivated.
During my time at Daytona State I had many obstacles. I over worked myself and stressed myself out quite a bit. I was constantly thinking about the next step in my life. I was a very bright student eager to get myself into college. My approach was not the way to go about doing things. I always had to remind myself to relax, do my work, and stay focused. It’s not so easy staying focused in the Adult Education Program.
"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all." Is a quote by an inspiration of mine, Emily Dickinson. You always have to have hope and you can never give up. If you’re in this program keep at it with full force. Never second guess yourself and just try you’re hardest. Thank you for your time and letting me speak to you. Have a great day and a wonderful future!
© Copyright 2010 Kelsey (kelseyeiss at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1714376-Futuristic-speech