*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1714787-To-Dust
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Lyrics · Other · #1714787
Just a free write from a feeling.
I let out a slow and dry laugh as I realize where I stand. Everyone wants a piece or doesn’t know they do. The horns slowly rise in the background and the ants spiral and pulsate upward. A light rises out of the darkness and infects us all. Everything good is speaking to me right now. Everything fine and lovely is whispering my name as if it were its own. The year and time itself, spread out in front of me thin, like a long mucus strand. The dawn is a blooming bud of an ancient flower. This land only seems dormant. A sleeping giant bear with more than teeth to bare. Awake my beauty and eat. As you can see there is no meaning in trying to keep these inside. The reason was rare, was feeling aware. Bare skin and Bare floors are just a hollow tree. Don’t be afraid. These are here to keep you if you will let them.
It’s a choice my dear. This is a dying bird in your hands. As we dance her to the answer , don’t rush the steepness. I take the leaves, blow alive, and neither of us can shy. You strayed into me like a tangled kite string, briefly. Fire was there. We lived inside and never went out into the dryness. Water was there. We took all our clothes and burned them. You were there. Me and my many jobs were there. Keeping the clocks and making the dust into stones and caverns.
The lives are all overlapping and endless until end. These are called memories. They make them in factories we call our lives. They are stored inside your mind pocket. This that happens is immediately folded up and kept, in you. Some will get spoiled in the laundry. You can fold those up and keep em in me. If you want. Its getting chill out here. Cold and old. We just wana be broad and odd. Don’t let it keep you long. We need you out here where its uncomfortable. Bring a little of that home out here. The taste is fantastic. Your face is a gymnast. The countryside is callin. To dust with us.
© Copyright 2010 PrimeCreator (primecreator at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1714787-To-Dust