*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715120-Farewell
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1715120
A hero and a villain fight in a void..but all is not as it seems
"What is this...?" The hero asked, looking around. All he saw was nothingness. As far as any eye could see, a blank landscape. He raised his hand to his face, still able to see it by some means of illumination, which he could not make out. His silver gauntlets glistened as his reflection showed his frayed, jet black hair. His sky blue eyes showed the trials that he had gone through up to this point. The once bright spark brought to a dim gaze. His scar from the tip of his right eyebrow down to his left cheekbone he had received as a "gift" from his departed ally.
"Ahh..so you have progressed this far, my guest." Said a deep voice.
"You!" Yelled the hero. The villain hovered high into the air. "Your reign of terror has lasted long enough! The pain you have caused to thousands of innocent lives... I will end you!!" The villain smirked, removing his rusted torso armor and allowing it to fade into the nothingness, his lowe body armor still intact.
"Ahh but I have only begun boy. After your soul has returned to its final repose, my true reign shall begin," said the villain, purple eyes glistening. As he spoke, his tribal tattoos began to pulsate with a daunting evil aura. "Your soul shall combine with mine, and I shall bring upon a new beginning." As his final word came out, demonic wings sprang from his back.
"I won't allow that." Said the hero. He withdrew his cape from his torso armor and drew his broadsword from his sheath on his back. "As long as this blade is pure, you do not stand a chance."
"Do not be misled, child" the villain summoned a katana with a black fire emanating from the blade and appeared before him. "I am no ordinary being." And he swung his blade, the hero barely blocking it, sending him flying at least 10 feet in the opposite direction.
The hero backflipped and regained balance as he swung at his opponent, who matched him blow for blow for what seemed to be an eternity
"You are a formidable opponent child!" The villain yelled. The hero did not reply. The hero swung the blade as hard as he could to get some distance between the two, and he aimed his sword at the villain and shot a ball of fire from it. The villain dodged this. The hero began an onslaught of fireballs and the villain dodged almost each of them. The villain was about to strike with a dark mimic of the heros attack, but was hit by the fireball, being more powerful than he anticipated. As he kneeled down to try and recover from the magical attack, the hero rushed the villain with slash after slash of the blade. The villain was gasping for life as the blood fell from his scars.
"Its over." The hero said, triumphantly. "You will never go through with such evil deeds. My quest is over." The hero raised his sword in a reverse grip overhead, and braced himself for the final blow. As the blade was about to connect with his forehead, the hero stopped. He felt a sharp pain go through him.
"Farewell to thee, O noble knight, who's path littered with many a plight. Now meet your maker, for whom you fought, as the justice is lost that you once sought." The villain spoke. The hero dropped his blade, the dark aura slowly overcoming it. His body fell limp and cold. "Farewell." The heros vision slowly blurred, and faded out completely.

"It is done."
© Copyright 2010 Messenger (illuminatus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715120-Farewell