*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715361-Oject-Description
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Animal · #1715361
An object description on a horse camp written for college.
Object Description



         The first few hours of the drive were through Portland it wasn’t as beautiful as it would be I kept telling my self. The trip would be four hours then we would be tested to see how well our riding skills were. The hours in the car going through buildings were tedious and boring. Then after going through the Dalles we hit the open beauty of the dessert. Strange hills and bushes pasted us but I could not wait for where we were going.

         Though the landscape seemed strange because on one side there was beautiful tree lined hills and the other side had brown as far as you could see I felt like I was home. By the time the four hour drive was over my confidence had risen and I felt better. We pulled into Badger Creek Ranch and signed in. I took my stuff to my tent as my ride returned to there house. Then I went up and got my helmet and waited for the test I was getting nervous. 

         The test started and I was really nervous I was not riding the horse I rode the year before but a new one. The horse was all brown except for his white stocking back feet an white sock on his front foot. All together he was beautiful and gentle. We did our test and as the dust cleared I new I did not do as good as I wanted to.  I would be riding this horse the whole week his name was Tez and we bonded together as friends.

         Finally on the next to last day we went on a three hour trail ride through the land around the camp. This happened to be tree lined dessert but it was beautiful. We sat under the trees and listened to the speaker. During this time we saw an amazing sight over the trees flew a bald eagle his feathers gleamed in the sun as he flew.  That night we could actually see the stars it was beautiful and I knew I did not want to leave the next night. The next day went by fast and it was crazy we showed our parents what we had learned then packed up to leave. As I but my stuff in the van I tried not to cry. As we pulled away from the camp my eyes stung with tears. I was leaving behind good friends, the camp, my freedom from being sick and by good friend and understanding guide Tez for the last time.



© Copyright 2010 UchihaAlanna (sasuke88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715361-Oject-Description