*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715963-Standing-up-for-yourself-my-own-story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Ian
Rated: 18+ · Non-fiction · Other · #1715963
It's about when I stoood up to someone. I don't usually write about my own life.
I don’t usually write real life stories, but I decided that this event is worth sharing. It is about when I stood up to a total ass. He was in the circle of “Cool” kids. He wasn’t hat cool and it seemed that most people didn’t like him. I later learned that I was right and most people didn’t like him. Even a lot of the kids who he hang out with didn’t like him. He liked to act tough and tough and most have thought he was the toughest guy ever.
It was during my freshman year of high school and it was spring and I was in track. We were both sprinters and had started our workout for the day. I was the fastest sprinter in our grade, but I didn’t hold that over anyone’s head, I’m not that type of kid. We had gotten about halfway through our workout. He was complaining about something, but it wasn’t actually as bad as he was saying.
I said to him “To stop bitching” as I walked away.
He had to act tough and started saying “Don’t talk to me like that or else I…”
I snapped at that point and spun around to face him. I shouted at him “OR ELSE WHAT,” and stood face to face with him. I have always had a temper on me, but only my brother could ever get it out of me and this was more controlled than when I usually blew my top. We were about the same height, so I could stare him in the eyes. He looked away I think, but that might have been my mind playing tricks on me. I pushed him back and walked away.
know most people have someone who the have always wanted to do this to, but don’t. I don’t know if my decision was good or bad, but he didn’t act so tough and pick on anyone at track again.
Usually either something goes extremely wrong here or things work too perfectly, but I don’t think anyone has ever thought of what someone thinks right after doing something like that. After this I walked around until our rest period was done. After we finished that rep. I sat against the fence and some of the kids in my grade sat with me. They congratulated me on what I did, but it didn’t stop me from thinking of the consequence. The kids who I had stood up to was hanging out with the upper classmen, who only knew him as his older brother’s little brother. They didn’t really know him. His older brother was the QB for the football team and that his 1 of the reasons he was in the “cool” group of kids.
The rest of the practice and at home I thought of what might happen. Most of the kids thought that what I had done was cool, but I wasn’t sure what would happen. The kids in track weren’t all really cool or something. They were all closer to cool than lame, but none of them were the coolest, but what they said didn’t help. I didn’t tell them what I was thinking, but I couldn‘t stop thinking of what might happen.
I thought that he might spread the story with me being a spaz. Or that he would pick a fight with me in school. Or that he might tell everyone to treat me like a bastard. I didn’t now what I should do. I had never gotten picked on, because I was big enough that no one had thought I would be an easy target, but now they had a reason too.
But none of this happened. My day was normal. I kept my distant from him, but we didn’t have any classes together and he was also staying away from me.
To this day we haven’t talked again. I don’t know what he is doing now, but from that event I have learned to stand up for myself easier. You don’t have to take the offense like I did, but by just not giving up ground you can stand up for your self. I didn’t write this to me one of those self help stories. I just felt like it.
© Copyright 2010 Ian (eltessa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715963-Standing-up-for-yourself-my-own-story