*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1716043-Tears
by Monica
Rated: E · Short Story · Psychology · #1716043
Twinkle twinkle little star. The eyes stared vacantly at the ground, pupils big and unchan
Twinkle twinkle little star. The eyes stared vacantly at the ground, pupils big and unchanging, the white and brown assimilating into a grey ugliness.

Twinkle twinkle little star. A long time ago, those eyes had stared at the inside and outside with a spark, curious and outstanding, bursting with verve and fervor, bursting with life. Big and round and blinking fast, wide open. A long time ago, those eyes had shaped tiny wrinkles with glee. The white shone, the brown gleamed, and the sun was taken in and reflected celebrating its splendor, and when there was no sun, those eyes shone because the spark came from within.

Then the spark faded and with it the tiny wrinkles of glee. And the eyes were low and the blinking austere.

And then those eyes meandered like they looked but didn’t see, captivated in some contemplation, like the doll’s eyes.

And now those eyes stared vacantly at the ground, pupils big and unchanging, the white and brown assimilating into a grey ugliness.

Twinkle twinkle little star. Those eyes sparkled and shone once more with two large tears which vanished to the ground for the last time.
© Copyright 2010 Monica (monicacamiller at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1716043-Tears