*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1716702-Sarah-Collins
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1716702
a little boy finds a hair clip that belongs to the girl he likes
Written for the Daily Flash Fiction Challenge with a word limit of 300.

The prompts: This story must contain the phrase: It came out of no where
~~~

Sarah Collins


"Joey! Joey! Joey!" The little boy ran to his play ground buddy with a mystery object in his hand.

"What?"

"Look what I found!" Jake's eyes were full of excitement.

"What is it?"

"Okay well ya can't tell anyone."

"I can keep a secret Jake. You know that."

They were best friends. They had been for their entire eight year old lives. Jake moved his hand from being behind him to being between them both. He opened his hand.

There it was. Glittery, blue, and real pretty too.

"Is that what I think it is Jake?"

"Sure is."

They both looked at it in awe.

"Sarah Collins' hair clip." They both looked up at each other. "Where'd ya get that?" Joey was in total shock.

"It came out of nowhere! I was just walking over to the slide and saw something shinny. I bent down to pick it up and there is was. I knew it was hers cuz she lost it yesterday."

"And you found it." Joey and Jake thought for a minute, then they voiced their sudden realizations.

"That means ya gotta give it back."

"I gotta give it back." Jake was wide eyed and had the biggest smile either of them had ever seen.

"She'll totally like ya now!"

"What do I say to her though?"

"Tell her ya found it."

"It ain't that easy Joey."

"Sure it is. Just walk up to her and tell her ya found it and wanted to give it back."

Jake thought about it for a moment then decided on what to do.

"Okay. I will give it back to her."

He turned and started to walk to the group of girls on the opposite side of the play ground.

"She's definitely gonna like me now."

~~~
word count: 295
© Copyright 2010 lilamae (lilamae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1716702-Sarah-Collins