*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1717148-Long-Road-Full-Speed-Ahead
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Personal · #1717148
The beginning of my novel. Unedited at the moment.
Long Road, Full Speed Ahead

    To understand what brings someone to rock bottom, you first have to look at what they were like on the top. Here I was this naive bright eyed teenager leaving home for the first time, and going to live on my own at college. I was hidden from the crazy that was somewhere inside of me. It didn't seem like bad things happened to good people, and my choices could never have consequences. If I had known how dumb I was at 18, I would have run screaming back to the safety of my parent's house, and escaped from myself. Instead I stayed and began a long road, full speed ahead.
    I blame two people for my downward spiral into a drug fueled oblivion. Well, that is not really true I blame myself the most. The crazy part of me escaped for a little while and I became a different person. I made some poor choices and no one forced them on me. So I blame three people; myself, Grayson, and Chloe.
    Grayson Shields was your typical fraternity boy. He had everyone fooled with his good ole boy act. He sure had me fooled for months, I thought he was the best thing that had ever happened to me. He loved the bottle more than breathing, and his temper was bad enough without the whiskey adding to the fire. I loved him for reasons I can not even explain. I realize now that it was not a true love, and it was not even a good love, it was an unhealthy addiction to one another. He was not what I was looking for, and I got a shit ton of life lessons in the first year dating this pyschopath.
    Chloe Bleckley was the other devil's advocate in my life. I met her after I had been with Grayson long enough to start noticing he was not all he pretended to be. Ironically he was the one who made it possible for me to meet Chloe. She gave me my first line of Crystal. I had never done any hard drugs before. The only thing I had done was smoke a lot of pot. Now before you jump to conclusions, I am not one of these people that buys into pot being a gateway drug. If there were different circumstances then I could have smoked pot forever and never touched the harder drugs.
    I suppose I should start my story where everyone's tale begins. At the beginning of the end.
© Copyright 2010 Lyra McKen (lyramcken at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1717148-Long-Road-Full-Speed-Ahead