*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1717359-A-View-Of-Thoughts-From-One-Perspective
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Opinion · #1717359
A summary of one's perception to life, the way of the world, and why it is the way it is
While sitting pondering over life and the next step to take, I am refreshed in seeing that the more we allow things, the more the world goes haywire.  An example of this is terrorism and the western worldview of what that means.  From the terrorists perspective, all they are doing is defending their lifestyle, religious affiliation, and their culture, regardless of whether it is the extreme or not.  Where once boundaries had been put in place regarding life and living, now there is disrespect, dishonour, procrastination, conformity, complacency and total disregard for others and their beliefs, values, faith or even lifestyles. When we moved the boundaries God had put in place, we determined for ourselves that we know better and therefore do not come under the guidance or protection of our heavenly father. After all, are we not created in the image of the God of all gods. Therefore, does that not make us like God....... We need to get over ourselves!!!!!!!
Those boundaries were put in place for a reason, and that reason was to protect us.  Where is the truth in this? Look around.  What do you see? What do you hear? People attacking each other over all sorts of things that we can justify like religious differences - come on people, there are those who want to get rid of the Koran. Why because it is being connected to terrorism... (a western worldview of thinking) Funnily though, the Bible and the Koran come from the same vicinity, and yet because the Koran isn't western it does not fit in this world and should be removed....What a load of crap.  Mind you if its a world war you want, then continue attacking cultures who hold firm to this book, demean their faith and beliefs, and ensure that they are ostracised from the rest of 'civilisation'.
And what about poverty?  We have enough wealthy people individually in the world to make a big difference but instead they are just like the wealthy man who tithed a percentage of his wealth, whereas the woman gave all she had.....and she had nothing but a few pennies to survive on.  What does this story tell us?
We have wealthy powerful countries spouting about fairness, justice, freedom for all, and yet they are the very ones who continue to use their nuclear power as a standover threat (subtely) over the rest of the world, in case terrorism and dictatorial regimes should rise, and are also the same ones who end up offending and suppressing other countries to submission to the western worldview so they retaliate. Wake up people!!!!
And what about the internal wars? Does not the Bible foretell of all these things? But what is the Bible? A book like any other book, but with a difference....this is the ONLY book in the world inspired by God to be written as a guideline to life, giving history, instruction, promises, direction, guidance and even wealth....But do we see it like that...Heck NO!!!! Instead we look at the christians, and use them as the measurement, and guess what......we end up down the creek without a paddle. Why? Because the biggest sinners turn out to be christians. (Of course this is only a few) ...but that no longer matters... the stigma has already been instilled over the years.  Check out man's history and you can't help but get upset at God, christianity and Jesus.  After all many a war was started in the name of God, and many priests, pastors, men of the cloth, have taken love to a fine line extreme.  We have more people today standing up now for the abuse handed out by those who took advantage all in the name of God. Pity help them even if men forgive them, should God? After all they have turned more people away from him and towards him... Could go on....but you get the gist.
And what about the so called treaties between western and indigenous cultures and countries.  The western prospered and the indigenous lost their culture, faith, beliefs, values, and most importantly their country and their lands.  You will find if you look with an open mind that the indigenous cultures and countries had a closer affinity to mother earth, nature and God and lived their lives adhering to those boundaries set....and then came another viewpoint, an individualistic, single-minded, power hungry, prideful perception under the pretense it was for the greater good. Now with the earth resources diminishing from the seas to the earth, we are all up in arms in outrage....But we forget.... how did it come about in the first place?.....Go back to those treaties, where promises were made...Were they fulfilled or were they compromised for the sake of progress? Who profitted? The indigenous or the treaty makers?  It makes you wonder doesn't it.
How about the volcanic eruptions, floods and earthquakes.  What a bunch of gullible people we are....We build on faultlines, in areas known to be volcanic and earthquake prone, and then shakes happen, and what do you know....buildings topple, lives are lost.....And floods - come on people, we build our towns and cities on the riverbanks and shorelines and are shocked when it rains, the water rises and spread across the land. We remove all the vegetation that holds the earth firm and before we know it, slips and slides happen.  And then we have the cheek to be outraged, upset and devasted because of what we lost in these natural disasters. What's with the human race? Are we that stupid that we cannot even see the idiosy of building on the edge of a cliff knowing quite well if an earthquake happened our home could fall... so misled and beguiled we are... we think it won't happen to us just to other people.....what a joke....
How about sexual preference.  Now I agree that each to his own, but again, come on.....there were certain boundaries put in place for a reason and today we wonder why there are so many sexual deviants and predators out there. And look at the sexual diseases..... Hello!!!  Look at television, look at billboards and advertisements, look at video shops and bookstores...Sex can be found everywhere - for a price - but everywhere... And it doesn't help when those we look up to like movie stars, music artistes, etc., wear next to nothing to sell their music, or become famous and popular, what do you think impressionable young minds are going to do? Follow of course, after all its their role model...  Mind you, you do have to wonder why they have to be near naked to sell their music, maybe without all the electronic technology used with music they might not sound all that good, or really have no faith in the god given talent they have....who knows.  And the words they sing....the young generations love it and as a result we have generations of swearing, drug abusing, alcoholics, killing themselves and others because they can't handle it, or worse still believe that it's cool because everyone does it...their parents did it and their parents parents and so on.
And how do we fix it? We whitewash everything, condone things we shouldn't, justify actions and behaviours as long as they suit our belief system, and sweep the ugly, disgraceful behaviors under the carpet and take the focus off the abominations by focusing on the wants and desires of men, dressing them up like fancy gifts that we cant afford to live without...Boy materialism has its good points doesn't it, especially for changing perceptions and focus.
These are some of the things that make the world go around.... all for progress and freedom.  Yes indeed, we live in such a wonderful world full of caring, loving people, who share even the shirt off our back to those less fortunate.  The world is so full of selfless people whose aim and purpose in life is to share with others, helping and uplifting them to be all they can be. And what's even better, we all bow down and acknowledge God, His laws and ways, and accept Jesus Christ as His son and the savior of all.  Ha ha ha. Now if that's not sarcasm, I don't know what is.
The reality is quite simple... the world is the way it is because we, mankind, thought more of our own personal desires, wants, dreams and goals, we forgot that we were created to share and care for each other in love and fellowship. Greed, pride, power and reputation meant more than honesty, integrity and justice. A few determined how we should think and no one questioned it. Those who did were soon pushing up daisies and so to ensure health and life, all succumbed to the thinking, claiming it as our own. Now we all follow what others say, think or believe as a way of life, values, morals and the like. The mindsets in the world have determined the course of man, and that is a continual downward spiral.  The only hope we have is to admit our wrongs, acknowledge God the creator of all things and include Jesus Christ in our every day living. Then and only then, will we finally be on the road to repairing the mess we have made. Sadly though, this will not happen in this lifetime, because it has already been prophesied and as such will take place.  So far, all that has been written has happened and what is yet to come will come, including the war to end all wars.
Already children are killing children, adults are abusing children, children are abusing adults, sexual preferences and allowances have resulted in promiscuity, sexual immorality, increase in abortions, sexually transmitted diseases, mental and emotional abuse, violence, cult risings, religious defamation and so on. The list goes on and on. And to top it all off, the earth, sky and seas are rebelling against man's defilement. What a grim prospect we as the human race have to look forward to considering what history continues to show us of our mistakes, flaws, weaknesses and sin.
And yet, even through this all, there is hope. Hope that, in faith, the world can become a better place... a place of love, security, happiness, true equality and most important of all....peace.
Know who you are and why we are on earth, then fulfil it by including the Creator who instilled in us life and purpose.
© Copyright 2010 giftid3 (giftid3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1717359-A-View-Of-Thoughts-From-One-Perspective