*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1717574-Viral-Love
Rated: E · Poetry · Romance/Love · #1717574
My take on Internet based love affairs also known as Viral Love and what it's doing to us.
Sparkling dewdrops on a petal of rose so pink
Made me feel a chill run up my age old spine.
In a book of memories, written with my lifeline as ink
I scribbled with pain, saying to myself, "I'm OK...  I'm fine!"

Is this the end of man, end of all?
The thought itself made me tremble and weak.
We never saw this coming, never saw this fall
For we were so blind, thinking it's life that we seek.

I should have know, I should have seen.
But could I have stopped you, helped you drop?
For I was on one side, you on the other, in mid was a steen1.
But I would have tried, given myself up to stop you plop.

World is spinning, hearts are dying unlike ever before
It's VIRAL LOVE my friend, spreading like an undying lethal spore...



This is my take on this new social fad of starting love affairs over the Internet with people we may have never even seen.  So call it viral love and I sure have to agree with them for it may not be a virus that makes you sick, but it sure can ruin your life or even break your heart.  How do I know?  Well...  I was infected with it and even today I'm feeling ramifications and aftereffects of this dangerous and infectious virus.

Footnotes
1  A wall of brick, stone, or cement, used as a lining, as of a well, cistern, etc.; a steening.

© Copyright 2010 Sandeep E. (ellawala at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1717574-Viral-Love