*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718066-Un-Natural-Differences
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1718066
Not everything is as it seems to be, expect the unexpected..
I cant quite put it all together, Normal town, normal people, normal everything. Normal turns to boring pretty quickly in my opinion. Just when i think that nothing will ever happen in Constance I'm proven horribly wrong. ( we will get back to the in a while) Don't get me wrong, I love living in Constance, I've been here since i was 3 and for some reason never see myself leaving. Both of my parents were born here, They were one of the founding families back in the 1800's. Beautiful town, very green, tall oak trees everywhere, old historical buildings everywhere downtown. We always seem to be swarmed with tourists, so it must mean something for the town. And then theres providence mountain, theres nothing like it. I spent the last couple days with my father up there. He passed away when i was 10, but it feels as it was only yesterday that we were walking up to providence while I listened to his jokes (which were not that funny) but i heard them a million times and never got tired of hearing them once more. Sometimes i go sit up there on my own and watch the sunset and talk to him, My friends think its silly and pointless, but for me, it gives me closer.
" Nicole! come down stairs we are going to be late!"
"Coming mom, just give me a min.."
"NOW NICOLE!"

That is my mom Carmen, she hasn't been the same since my father passed. Shes been threw at least 9 boyfriends in the past 7 years, the one shes with now.. well shes better off without him. His name is Paul, his father also passed away recently and he got some big settlement. So now he just sits around the house thinking hes rich and tells my mom what to do. Take a broke, irresponsible, drunk and give him a couple million dollars.. and that is Paul. Arg just his name makes me mad, i was in no rush to get downstairs to see him thats for sure.
"just do it for mom" i whispered to myself while slowing walking down the stairs.
Today was the autumn festival, Possible the only thing that ever happens here. I was looking forward to getting down to the square though, it was an excuse to leave my mom and her stupid boyfriend, and have some drinks with my friends.
"Nicole you look beautiful!" my mother spoke loudly so Paul would comment as well
"yes Nicole, you clean up well" He threw in.
" yeah, thanks.. i think?"
He always tried to say things to me, but i knew that the only reason he even talked to me was so my mom thought he was trying( which he wasn't).
" Can we go now mom? my friends are waiting at the square for us to get there" I said with a big smirk on my face.
Usually i would walk into town, but tonight was different, mom said there was to many "crazies" out during the Autumn festival. So I'm forced to drive in with her and Paul.
" Can i ask you something Nicole, and hopefully you give me an honest answer" My mother asked softly while getting into the car.
" sure mom, whats up?"
" I've heard what you kids do on the night of the AF, are you going to be safe tonight? Stick with your friends, and stay away from that wacky tabaky?" " and stay out of trouble!" she quickly added
"Yes mom, you know you can trust me, have i ever done anything to prove any different?" i questioned.
" No i suppose not, but i am your mother and i just want to make sure you are making the right choices" she winked and me and turned to drive.I knew when mom started using wacky tabaky to refer to weed, she was trying to relate to me, and my friends. It didn't work that well , but i give her props for trying.. ( she wouldn't know what props are either i guess). I love my mom, but i wish sometimes she would just stay out of my life, she knows that I'm not an idiot and i wouldn't do anything to get into to much trouble. But whatever.
"Finally! mom can i go please!!" i shouted when we pulled up and i seen my friends.. and Tyler only the cutest thing that ever happened to Constance.
" Yes Nicole, Paul and i are gong to find some people and head to the Formal. Ill see you at home later tonight?"
"well.. i was going to sleep at Kristen.. If you don't mind" i fluttered my long eyelashes.
"alight but i will be talking to them at the formal to make sure its alight with them, Keep YOU PHONE ON!" she insisted.
"yes mom." i answered as running over to the only group of sanity i had left.

"Nicole! finally! where have you been!" Kristen exclaimed
Kristen is my bestfriend, i have known her pretty much all my life. Shes the prettiest girl i know, long blond hair, and blue eyes, shes the girl whos body enhanced a little quicker then all the other girls, so even when she was young, all the boys were inlove with her. But beauty isn't all she has, she also has a big heart, pretty much nicer then anyone i know too. A great bestfriend for me that is for sure!
I gave her a big hug as we both admired each others shoes and jeans. (we are use to sharing clothes, so it happens allot)
"Are you guys ready for tonight?" Shana asked with excitement
Shana and Linds are twins, they are complete opposites but also very much alike in some ways. Looks were uncanny, but they had totally different styles. Shana is a girly girl, short skirts, tight tops and a high blond pony tail. While Linds was more of a old ripped jeans and band T-shirt kinda girl, she had died brown hair, she was also the older one by like three minutes or something like that. They were cool, a couple more ladies i couldn't live without.. most the time.
Then there were the guys, Tyler, Neil, Patrick, and Jason ( who isn't very nice at all, he just grew up with Tyler so somehow he managed to hang with all of us for all these years, plus hes good for a laugh every now and then)
" Hey boys, miss me?" I said with a giggle while punching Patrick in the arm
" ouch! now I'm having second thoughts on that.." Pat replied
" Hey Nicole, you know we did, you ready to have some fun tonight?" Tyler asked with that cute, irresistible smile of his.
Honestly this guy is perfect, hes tall and built, Hazel eyes, perfect skin and well what more is there to say hes just.. perfect. The kind of guy that gives you butterflies when you look at him or talk him.
" I'm always ready for a fun night with you guys, you know that." I repiled stupidly
Usually on nights where all of us get together something fun comes out of it.
" So anyone know where were going tonight? Because i brought the bottle" Jason exclaimed.
" Well i do know somewhere.. but the girls might be to scared" Pat chuckled
"WERE NOT BABIES PAT" Linds and Shana snapped fiercely.
" Yeah really Pat, have we ever not been down for an adventure? no i think not, so what makes you think that tonight anything will change?" I questioned slyly.
I really didn't understand why Pat would say that. We have never given any of the boys reason to think that we were babies. Linds and Shana have a spider collection (although i think its kind of gross) there not the most girly girls i have ever met this is a fact.
" So where is this place that is suppose to be too scary for us girls?" Kristen wondered
" Yes please do share, I myself would like to know if i need an extra pair of panties for this trek" Tyler joked
" Its the old providence place in the woods, its been abandoned for years. No one ever goes there, it could be fun. Get a little drunk and scared... what do yea think?"
I was a little hesitant to answer, my parents always told me to stay away from that creepy place. There have been stories about it going around town since i was a little girl. I also didn't want to be the one to ruin everyone night so i decided to keep my mouth shut.
" That sounds like a great idea, although isn't it locked. How do U think were going to get in there?" Kristen asked.
" You doubt me so Kristen, I thought ahead. Plus you have three men here.. and Neil" Jason laughed as Neil gave him a quick shot to the arm. You could tell it hurt but Jason was too macho to show it.
"What do you think ladies, want to show these guys what were made of?" Kristen smiled
"Hell yeah" Linds shouted
" Damn straight" quickly followed Shana
" You down Nicole? you seem iffy.." everyone stared at me as if it were up to me at this point.
" Yes.. it sounds like fun" its not what i meant to say.. but its what came out.
" Well great! in that case we should go by Kristen's and raid the alcohol cabinet.. Not everyone is drinking my bottle.. But Shana, your more then welcome to" Jason spoke in jerk (which he was pretty good at)
Shana giggled " what is that suppose to mean? trying to get my drunk?"
" Maybe a little but what else is tonight for?" He replied
Kristen sighed as she grabbed my hand and dragged me along " Alight then lets go to my place, but we cant take much my parents will find out"
I had a bad feeling about tonight but i have been waiting for it for so long that i just cant ruin it for everyone including myself, plus Jason's here.
" alright you guys wait outside, i cant have everyone in there right now. My dads sleeping and if he caught me i would be dead!" Kristen ran in the door and slowly closed it behind her.
" Mm i hope she gets some of that pink stuff from last time " Neil said while licking his lips
"You a big pansy Neil! thats a baby drink. Might as well be one of the girls" Jason quickly added
" Shut up Jason, don't be such a jerk. You being an ass all the time is not my idea of a good night." I snapped back
" damn girl, sorry"
Jason was a dick most the time, but i knew that deep down there was something alright about him, and Shana was crazy over him so i have to except him for her i suppose. I made an oath a long time ago that i wasn't going to take his shit anymore though, and I am sticking to it. When we were all around 9 or 10 we use to play man hunt in the grave yard every Friday night. One night we got there and and Jason was freaking out that something had happened to Karla ( she was a girl that used to live here in Constance. A nice girl, with a bit of a weird family anyway back on topic) He insisted that she had fallen off the edge of dead mans drop while running from him on a practice run of the game. He was so convincing, with the tears and the heavy breathing that he got us all worked up. He tried to make us all promise we wouldn't tell anyone, to keep it a secret and if we didn't he would be blamed for her murder. Neil got so worked up about it that he had a panic attack on spot and almost died. We got him to the hospital , luckily it wasn't far from the church where we were playing. All of the drama and tears, for Jason to tell us all it was a big prank. That is the night i started to think that maybe he really was a jerk at heart.
" You all ready to party!!! woo" Kristen came out jumping around while shoving two bottles into her bag
" I got rum, and Neil favorite tequila rose! now were ready to go" Kristen grabbed my arm once more as well all headed down to providence. Providence place was an old abandoned house that use to be owned by the Mc Arthy family back in the 1800's. As the story goes they were a family of 4. Gina the mother, Harold the father, and two twin boys Carter and Liam. For years they were very popular around town. I suppose its only natural being the only other founding family other then mine and Tyler's. After years of running pretty much every event that ever happened in Constance, they fell off the map. Stopped coming into town to shop and visit friends. Passed all the towns leadership onto my great, great, grandparents.. then.. disappeared. Three years after they stopped any communication with the towns people the twins were seen walking into town covered in blood from head to toe. Not a word came out of either of them except " We did it" and " It was gods way" They killed both of the parents.. I mean the hacked them up with many different things and left them to rot for weeks until the finally turned themselves in. Some people say the house is haunted now, or some even go to the extent to say that it was the house that made them crazy.Whatever it was.. they were insane and i was uncomfortable going there.
"please tell me you brought lots of light. Candles, flashlights, and batteries" I asked nervously
"see i told you the girls would be scared!' Jason smiled
" I'm not scared i just want us all to be able to see the floor we could fall threw, thanks." i answered with anger
" Yes Nicole i brought a years supply of light, and ill protect you from anything that could go wrong. Your safe with us you should know that by now" Tyler comforted me
" what about the ghosts?" Linds questioned
" Oh please, don't tell me you believe that stupid story. Our parents told us those things just to scare us from going in there." Jason insisted
"Lets just stop questioning it and go alright" Shana said in frustration
" I brought this to get in the door" Pat pulled a big crowbar out of his bag
The boys went to examine the front of the house, to see the easiest way in, while us girls sat back and had some shots.
"So what do you think about Nicole? Shes pretty cute eh.." Jason spoke quietly to Tyler
"Yeah man shes cool, But shut up.. and find a way inside" He replied why pushing Jason into a bush.
Meanwhile i couldn't help but think about the horrible things that went on in this house. Or "so have been told" to have happened in this house. I guess i should not let it get to me. I always think about things so much, that it makes me second think everything.
"Girls! common we found a way in; and this place is creepy as shit!" The guys yelled from the side of the house.
It was a creepy looking place, but only because it was not taken care of. When the Mc Arthy family lived here in the 1800's it was beautiful. I suppose it still could be redone. Its a tall structured house with large white pillers on each side. Beautiful belconys outside large double doored bay windows. I could imagine the family that worked here must have hired help to maintain it.
We all decided to go inside, we climbed threw a side window the guys broke while we were drinking. Inside the house was just a creepy as the outside.
"I've never seen a place this dusty in my life!" Lynds said while sneezing on pat
" Thanks.. alot" pat said while taking a step away from Lynds
"Shit guys look at this!" Tyler yelled to his friends
"What is it?" Lynds ran over to take a look
" It looks like some kind of animal or something"
" Gross, you mean it use to be.." Lynds replied while turning away in disgust.
"It must have been from.. when the Mc Arthys use to live here" Tyler Explained. He always seemed so smart
" Alright, then why is it in a cage?" Kristen added.
"We put our dogs in cages sometimes don't we? Common its nothing to be afraid of" Tyler said calmly with a smerk.
"Yeah and if the Mc Arthys were nutbags like the story goes, then theres nothing weird there at all" Joked Jason, while kicking the cage.
"Awe don't be a jerk, poor dog..or whatever you were" Nicole shouted
"Calm down Nicole it can't hear me" He joked again.
"Lets find a place to sit down and have some drinks, I'm not sure about you guys but I think this place is kinda cool. Creepy yes. But cool at the same time, when are we ever going to do this again? Kristen walked off into the hallway to find some kind of lounge room. I followed behind her quickly. At this point i was ready to let her go off on her own.
" Kristen look at this picture, Ooo don't they look creepy" Kristen spoke in a ghostly voice
I laughed " Yeah and old school, i can see you in that dress Kris"
"This room looks like a cool place to party, get the others and lets get this show on the road"
I ran out to get everyone " Hey come on, we found a good spot"
Everyone followed into the lounge, once we patted some of the dust off the couches and cleared the table it was pretty cozy.

TO BE CONTINUED...
© Copyright 2010 Ashliee (mizzashliee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718066-Un-Natural-Differences