*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718097-Nothing-Said-Nothing-Heard
by V
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1718097
A young couple that a forced apart. With a tragic ending.
Nothing Said, Nothing Heard

His hands fell, he turned and walked away. Nothing said, nothing heard.

Brandon and Amy were perfect. Everyday, after school was the same. He’d hold her hand, they’d talk, walk to the local park and talk. Brandon was never a fan of public displays of affection, or P.D.A. as they called it. Almost shunning the very idea.

They made each other smile. Always. She always lifted his spirits, regardless of the day, time or place. It was their last year together. He knew it but never really brought it up. She planned to go to Australia, him to New York. He knew, it was constantly in the back of his mind. Haunted him every second of his exsistence, even when they were together, it was there, almost taunting.

Graduation happened, prom night. Brandon got lucky. Their summer together only got better. Their last summer before they left each other. They were in love, they knew it, secretly flaunted it. They spent everyday together, until September.

He saw her off at the airport, her university acceptance letter in hand. All her possessions packed safely into three suitcases. His bracelet on her wrist. The one he gave her on her 16th birthday. Kept it since. It was their secret “wedding ring” as they called it. He had his own too. Given to him on his 16th birthday.

She turned to him dropping all she had in hand. Walked up to him, sliding her arms around him, a powerful embrace. Her lips connecting with his. She backs away,slowly, slightly. Disconnecting their powerful connection. Her arms slide down his, cupping his hands. Then a drop. Subtle, but evident to a gentle lovers heart. She closes his hands around the bracelet.

Turning around, she walks away, without looking back at him, not even a small wave as she turns the corner. A  tear slowly makes it’s way to down his heart broken face. His hands fell, he turned and walked away. Nothing said, nothing heard.v
© Copyright 2010 V (trent-valkova at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718097-Nothing-Said-Nothing-Heard