*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718136-Table-of-Contents
by Jesse
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1718136
A brief summary of my PW 5000 course assignments
                                                                                        Table of Contents

PW 5000 Assignment 1 - The Art of Word.

For this assignment, we were asked to create a scenario in which someone would explain the elements of rhetoric we had studied in the first part of the course. I wrote a short story about two guys trying to pick up girls in a bar. One of the characters continually strikes out, and when he asks the more successful character for help, he gets a lesson in rhetoric in the process.

PW 5000 Assignment 2 - The T.R.A.S.H. Principles.

We were asked to create a manifesto that would inspire a team of writers to become agents of organizational change. I posed as the head writer/producer for a trashy, Jersey Shore-type reality TV show, and created a set of principles for the writers to follow as they used all aspects of the show's creative process to produce the best possible product and make their influence known in the organization.

PW 5000 Assignment 3 - Beerfest!

For our third project we were required to choose a document, flyer or webpage that was in need of editing and make full scale revisions to improve it. I picked a webpage that advertised an upcoming Oktoberfest event. I changed the format and presentation, added pictures, and included some additions to improve the event based on other Beerfest sites i came across, along with my own ideas.

PW 5000 Free Choice Assignment - Applying Porter's Principles of Ethical Writing

We could choose any other project from our text for this assignment, and I went with one that asked us to apply James Porter's ideas on the parameters of ethical writing to two actual documents in the text: a memo by Just, a World War II Nazi who recommended improvements for their execution vans, and a memo by Stephen, an employee who was testing a component for an aircraft engine.

Portfolio Reflection Letter

This is my personal take on what I've learned throughout the course through our discussions, readings and assignments.
© Copyright 2010 Jesse (ikokiokelp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718136-Table-of-Contents