*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718838-True-heros-in-a-different-world
by amr
Rated: E · Article · Community · #1718838
Postive acts of humanity in a time of wars and conflict.
The dawn of this century featured some of the most aggressive events in the history of humanity. A huge rift developed seprating the east from the west. Furthermore;some of the basic charteristics of humanity started to fade with surgence of finacial power and economic anemosity. Cultural and scientific intrest has declined among younger generations .



Making a full account of  the negative observations that one has collectively gathered over the past few years is not the scope of this article. However; it is my intention to shed some light over some postive events that one has had the chance of encountering in the midst of many negative events.



Two heroes represent the essense of this article . One has documented his achivements in a book many of you may have encountered "Three Cups of Tea". Greg Mortenson presented to the human race a model that deserves respect  . While decision makers of the western world decided to take down terrorrism by military action and war conduct, he fought terrorism with books and pens. Comparing the results of both actions, i would like to pursuade you all to do, one has to admit that his approach was much more benifical to helpless civilians who recived nothing from the other approach but a bullet or bomb.



Mortenson's approach required deep understanding of the reason that made humans the masters of this planet. The model he gave the world was that biulding could restructure wrong concepts and actions rather than destruction. let me refer you to his book again for the full understanding of how a non muslim american gained the trust and respect of muslims across northen pakistan and afganistan .



As to the second hero , i prefer leaving his story without names as he never told his story and knowing him so well convinces me that he will not any time sooner. The story of this deutch surgeon started in 2004 when through one of his students he decided that he will spend 10 days every six month in a developing country for treatment of patients with cleft lip and palate deformities.



Our hero started his bi annual missions at an age above 60 years.Never did i hear him after long hours of surgery regret that he was operating on muslim patients in a time when islam was blamed for so many terrorist acts . Actually ,speaking to him about that topic he always belived that Islam had nothing to do with these acts and the problem was the effect of certain pepole with evil will on a massive number of ignorant religious civilians.



Much like he was a talanted surgeon and mentor ,his knowledge of the western culture was impressive. He was often asked when he ever had time to read with the achivements and posts that he has occupied through out his life. Notcing the interst of pepole around him in surgery and in culture , he started transfering his surgical experience to the surrounding staff.



Let me tell you that it was neither his surgical expertise nor his selflessness that came on top of his qulities. It was an outstanding ability of becoming a mentor .Someone who wants to teach the younger residents how to become respectable human beings. Being close to this Hero ,i saw closely how his intrest in literature was transfered to a younger resident.



I belive a mentor participates in the lives of his students. This noble Deutch man saw through the attempts of the young student to aquire literature knowlege comparable to his teacher.Leaving behind all the gaps and cultural rifts between the two worlds that each come from our noble hero focused his time and discussions back home on establishing a list of 100 best novels the world has ever known .



Once the list was established he started purchasing these books for this 28 year old student who read the books with utter anxiousty.II would have you know this 28 year old would later remmber this great act of kindness on an almost day to day basis wishing that this approach could salvage so many minds and broden the prespectives of so many pepole.



After going through these lines do you feel that the human race deserves better ..... I left these dots for you to fill out . More postive acts are needed storngly and some heros have set examples for all of us. Lets try and match these acts ,lets try and improve our world.
© Copyright 2010 amr (amro at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718838-True-heros-in-a-different-world