*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1719045-Daddys-Girl
by Bonnie
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1719045
A daughter gets her driver's license and her first car.

    Paige came running through the door waving *it*.
`Guess that’s one more driver on the road.’ her dad smiled with pride.
`You know what this means Dad!’
He threw car keys in her direction reflex action caught them. Looking at them, she began squealing.
`It’s here, you got it already?’
She ran to him, her arms going round his neck, she smothered him in big sloppy kisses.
`Hadn’t you better go check it out first? Look in the garage.’ His eyes were misting up,
`Don’t have to’ as she danced around the kitchen, I know I know!’
`It says Golf on key tab.'
`Big Daddy discounted heavily, because I have such a polite sweet daughter!’
`Oops’ she blushed. 
  The previous Saturday they had gone to look at cars, at Big Daddy’s used car lot. 
Big Daddy, gave them a loud welcome, his appearance was funny. An old timer, wearing  a huge Stetson, checked shirt with leather tie, black denim jeans and a huge shiny buckle belt in the shape of a *D*, the black boots were  silver tipped. She tried to avoid eye contact with him…
He pulled the top of his jeans away from his waist, with his thumbs as he chatted. He did a sort of squat with his knees then he shifted his hat, with his forefinger, by the fifth time, she saw this Paige felt the giggles coming on, rather than try to stifle them, she excused herself.
    Walking around, she saw a silver roll top golf. It was too expensive. Big Daddy said it would suit her
She settled for a small Jeep.
As they drove past, on the way home she gave the Golf a last lingering look.
`Dad the old guy was just to funny.’ then she let the pent up laughter out,

© Copyright 2010 Bonnie (bonniemarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1719045-Daddys-Girl